Windows 10: ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES

Discus and support ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! As I was trying to free up my Drive C, I accidentally merged these 3 categoriesVideosDrive DDesktopNow, what I see on my desktop screen are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anne1212, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Anne1212 Win User

ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES

Hello! As I was trying to free up my Drive C, I accidentally merged these 3 categoriesVideosDrive DDesktopNow, what I see on my desktop screen are all the files from the 3 categories. Please help. Thank you! P.S. Attached is a screenshot of my regedit

:)

Anne1212, Jun 16, 2021

2. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop
    as well.

I would like to separate them under 2 individual folders and locations, please help!

Beckyyyyy69, Jun 16, 2021
  3. bhefff Win User
    Merged Desktop with D drive

So my desktop was filling up space on my C drive, which is a 180gb SSD, so i tried to change the location to my D drive which is a 2tb HDD, but it merged the two and i cant revert the desktop back because my Program files on D are filled with games so
    its too big for C and i cant move those program files anywhere else.

bhefff, Jun 16, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

Hi Becky

Open your D Drive in File Explorer

If there is no folder named Desktop on that drive, then right click and create one . .

Open the Registry Editor again, it will still be on the same page

Double click Desktop in the right pane and set its value data to this, then click OK:

D:\Desktop

Double click {754AC886-DF64-4CBA-86B5-F7FBF4FBCEF5} in the right pane and set its value data to this, then click OK:

D:\Desktop

Close the Registry Editor windows and restart your PC

That will have separated your Desktop folder form your D drive

You may need to manually move files from the root of your D Drive into that Desktop folder on your D Drive

That's It!

DaveM121, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES - Similar Threads - ACCIDENTALLY MERGED VIDEOS

2. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  3. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  4. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  5. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  6. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i accidentally merged my downloads and videos file with drive d

i accidentally merged my downloads and videos file with drive d: help me pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-downloads-and-videos-file/2abb1560-5b76-464c-943f-97e6c8798eac
  8. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  9. I merged my D drive and my Desktop :

I merged my D drive and my Desktop :: I was downloading Steam VR and it kept trying to download in my C drive, so looked up how to fix it and some YouTube video told me to do some thing I can't remember but I did it wrong and instead of putting Steam VR in my D drive, it put my Desktop in my D drive and now they...
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE: As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well. I would like...