Windows 10: Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

Discus and support Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lightfromheaven, May 25, 2022.

1. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?

:)

lightfromheaven, May 25, 2022
  2. ELOCJ Win User

How do i move my entire hard drive files to an external hard drive

I'm planning to move my entire hard drive data to an external hard drive but I was wondering where to look in my folders to move my entire hard drive data (including the data across other accounts I have made on this pc) to the external hard drive.

ELOCJ, May 25, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 25, 2022
  4. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

How to move the user profile folder to an external hard drive

*Confused I found a Windows 10 Forums article online about how to move the Users profile folder to an external drive, but it was not something easily understood by a not-too-techie user.

If there are some easy to follow step-by-step instructions on how to do this for a recently upgraded Windows 10 (not Windows Professional or Windows Enterprise) OS, I would be happy to get them.

wondermuse, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

1. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive. - Similar Threads - Accidentally moved entire

2. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  3. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved User folder to D drive: I accidentally moved my User folder to D disk to make more space on local disk C since it was full. Now when I open my computer, I can't use any program.I tried to copy the User folder back to C disk, but it says not enough space. I'm going to buy a new ,bigger SSD today, but...
  4. Accidentally moved User folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  6. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  7. Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?: Hello, my main hard drive is almost full and I have noticed that the .Minecraft folder is very busy. Now I want to move the Minecraft folder to my second hard drive. Can anyone tell me how I can best do this? i've moved the minecraft folder before but then the main...
  8. external hard drive folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive folders: I use an external hard drive for storage, and sleep mode was closing all open folders and files. I set "USB selective suspend setting" under Power Management to "Disabled", and now in sleep mode FILES stay open but FOLDERS are still closed which is pretty annoying. My...
  9. How to move the user profile folder to an external hard drive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to move the user profile folder to an external hard drive: *Confused I found a Windows 10 Forums article online about how to move the Users profile folder to an external drive, but it was not something easily understood by a not-too-techie user. If there are some easy to follow step-by-step instructions on how to do this for a...
  10. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?: My friend was gonna borrow my computer for a bit so I tried to make a guest account. Seeing as Windows 10 removed that feature for whatever reason, I made a new blank user account. I tested it out and noticed I still had access to all the files on my storage drive, which is...