Windows 10: Accidentally moved program files into another folder now it is corrupt

Discus and support Accidentally moved program files into another folder now it is corrupt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally dragged and dropped the "program files (x86)" folder while trying to open it into another folder which caused the folder to become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nothappytoday, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Accidentally moved program files into another folder now it is corrupt

I accidentally dragged and dropped the "program files (x86)" folder while trying to open it into another folder which caused the folder to become corrupt. It was placed in the WindowsApps folder below.

Accidentally moved program files into another folder now it is corrupt [​IMG]

When I try to open the program folder I get this error.

And when I try to move it back it will give me this error. (error 0x80090005: Bad Data)

Fortunately it happened on my storage drive so I still have most of the essential programs stored on the main drive.

Is their anyway I can recover the data or move it back?

Solution: So I was able to fix it by moving the WindowsApps folder to my documents(located on the same disk) and suddenly I was able to access the program files folder which meant I could move it back to where it was. Not sure how that worked though.

:)

Nothappytoday, Aug 16, 2016

2. "Moved" the Documents folder and now it is hidden, why?

try attrib -s -h documents

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 16, 2016
  3. "Moved" the Documents folder and now it is hidden, why?

Try this:

WinKey+X -> Command Prompt (Admin)

D:<Enter>

attrib -h Documents<Enter>

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

Accidentally moved program files into another folder now it is corrupt

1. Accidentally moved program files into another folder now it is corrupt - Similar Threads - Accidentally moved program

2. can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program: Trying to rearrange folders in a drive and get this notice every time. How do I find where it is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cans-move-filefolder-because-it-is-in-use-in/81e9506e-de4b-4735-8066-c39c31fe614d
  3. can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program: Trying to rearrange folders in a drive and get this notice every time. How do I find where it is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cans-move-filefolder-because-it-is-in-use-in/81e9506e-de4b-4735-8066-c39c31fe614d
  4. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Program files to another drive: Hi,My C drive is almost full. I would like to move some app to D Drive. I have moved some apps using Apps & Features in settings. But it can only move apps installed from Microsoft store. I have installed many softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro etc which tooks...
  5. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Program files to another drive: Hi,My C drive is almost full. I would like to move some app to D Drive. I have moved some apps using Apps & Features in settings. But it can only move apps installed from Microsoft store. I have installed many softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro etc which tooks...
  6. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive: So I have a laptop and a PC and an external hard drive, I want to use my external drive on both, I already used it on my PC and many of my PC programs are on there and I would like to move all of the PC folders and files into one big "My PC stuff" folder and I'll have all of...
  8. Moving Program Files folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Program Files folder: I have a 240GB SSD which has windows on it and i also have a 960GB SSD which i would like to use for installing programs, so that my OS boots fast. I have already transferred "Documents,Music, Videos, Pictures, Downloads and Desktop". Is there a way to move the Program...
  9. Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated: My first post - I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post in, apologies if wrong! After cloning and fitting an SSD (960GB) to my pc, I wanted to free some space up so followed the tutorial from here to move the documents folder to an empty drive (it's 400+GB in...
  10. I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive: I want to move the Program Files to another hard drive but I only want to move the folders not the actual main Program Files folder. Will doing so screw up my system? Jaydan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally moved a file into another file

2. accidentally moved folder into another folder

3. accidentally moved program files into another folder

4. moved files accidentally to another folder