Windows 10: Accidentally nuked the EFI system partition, how can I repair it?

Discus and support Accidentally nuked the EFI system partition, how can I repair it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Currently, I'm (unsuccessfully) dual-booting Windows 10 with Gentoo Linux on my laptop. During my Gentoo install, I accidentally deleted all the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sol33t303, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Sol33t303 Win User

Accidentally nuked the EFI system partition, how can I repair it?

Currently, I'm (unsuccessfully) dual-booting Windows 10 with Gentoo Linux on my laptop.
    During my Gentoo install, I accidentally deleted all the files in my EFI system partition. How can I fix this? I really don't want to have to do a reinstall of Windows.

If I do, I will then need to take it to my highscools IT to connect it back up to their network, which ussually takes them a couple days, AND last time I took something to them they deleted my Gentoo partition, which takes ages to install on my feeble laptop since it compiles the entire OS before installing. So I'd really like to avoid doing that at all costs.

Is there a way to JUST fix boot issues in Windows's installer (and not totally reinstall Windows)? I don't mind if it overwrites all my Linux stuff in my EFI partition, I'll just back it up and fix things from a Linux livecd.

Thanks for the help in advance Accidentally nuked the EFI system partition, how can I repair it? :)

Or even if the installer won't help me with this, I'm totally comfortable doing everything manually like placing files, making sure the Windows bootloader knows what partition to boot, etc. But I can't find much about doing any of that (nor can I find any of the files that would be required online).

:)

Sol33t303, Apr 4, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Accidentally nuked the EFI system partition, how can I repair it? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Apr 4, 2019
  3. EFI system partition

This is normal-What problems are you having with this?

I would try to explain the purpose with the following:

Suppose your C:/ gets corrupted and there is no recovery partition.

EFI partition allows you to boot to advanced Startup options where you can:

Initiate a startup repair.

Do a System restore

Etc..

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 4, 2019
  4. graye Win User

EFI System Partition

So, an EFI system partition is perfectly normal on a Windows 10 disk (I assumed you've done an internet search and discovered that this partition is for booting your system).

Are you trying to backup the contents of this partition?.... if so, what software are you using?

graye, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally nuked the EFI system partition, how can I repair it? - Similar Threads - Accidentally nuked EFI

2. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  3. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  4. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  5. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  6. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I resize the EFI partition

How can I resize the EFI partition: I want to increase the size of the efi partition from 100M to 512M but there is no available space next to the partition so i can't extand it, is there a way to do that without risking my data?...
  8. System, EFI System Partition

System, EFI System Partition: Two questions please -1] I had installed UBUNTU on my desktop PC, operating with Windows 10 PRO version 21H1; OS Build 19043.1202, and later removed the UBUNTU software. UBUNTU was installed on a separate SSD i.e., not on the SSD where the Windows OS is installed.The UBUNTU...
  9. How to remove EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove EFI System Partition: This problem did not exist before but I must have messed something up. How it looks currently: https://i.imgur.com/mXvgQBY.png How it used to look (from another pc): https://i.imgur.com/RuvuIWf.png Is there anyway to transfer the EFI things into the C drive? I have tried...
  10. How to "move" an EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to "move" an EFI system partition: I'd like to move a 200MiB EFI partition to the D-drive to join some unallocated space together. It's on my hard drive (D: drive) and if i don't need it at all i would like to delete it. Planning on dual booting Debian on the ~300GiB of unused space.[ATTACH]...