Windows 10: Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think)

Discus and support Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I downloaded a copy of LTSpice (an electronic circuit simulator: LTspice | Design Center | Analog Devices), and all was working fine. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windose, Jan 28, 2020.

1. windose Win User

Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think)

Yesterday I downloaded a copy of LTSpice (an electronic circuit simulator: LTspice | Design Center | Analog Devices), and all was working fine. Then this morning I noticed that both the shortcut on the desktop and the listing in the start menu had suddenly vanished, but here's the rub: LTSpice still runs correctly if I double-click on a file.

I had been copying files from my old W7 laptop onto the user account on this new W10 machine by copying and pasting my files from the old machine to a HDD, then from there onto the new one. In hindsight, the folder off my old machine called LTSpice probably contains the application and not just user files, but I didn't realise until too late. I'm assuming it is this that has overwritten the LTSpice app that had been downloaded, is that correct?

If I go to the admin account, both the shortcut and tstart menu listing are still present, and appear to work correctly.

So where do I go from here? I could easily delete the LTSpice folder that I transferred in error, but I'm sure I've read dire warnings somewhere about not deleting apps without using 'Uninstall'. Presumably if I select uninstall from the admin account it won't affect the rogue copy in the user account now that it's become 'invisible' to the start menu system?

Thanks.

:)

windose, Jan 28, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think) [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think) :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think)

Overwritten entry in OneNote on my Nokia Lumia 1020

I have accidentally overwritten information in OneNote on my Nokia Lumia 1020. Is there a way to get back the original information?

Peter Pan Sverige, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think)

1. Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think) - Similar Threads - Accidentally Overwritten App

2. I Accidentally Deleted The Clipboard App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Accidentally Deleted The Clipboard App: Hi, so I was attempting to get rid of the on-screen keyboard, but I ended up somehow deleting the clipboard app. Whenever I press Windows + V, nothing happens. Is there anyway to bring the clipboard back?...
  3. I Accidentally Deleted The Clipboard App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Accidentally Deleted The Clipboard App: Hi, so I was attempting to get rid of the on-screen keyboard, but I ended up somehow deleting the clipboard app. Whenever I press Windows + V, nothing happens. Is there anyway to bring the clipboard back?...
  4. I Accidentally Deleted The Clipboard App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have overwritten cmd.exe with some other exe accidentally, how to reinstall?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have overwritten cmd.exe with some other exe accidentally, how to reinstall?: So I have overwritten cmd.exe with utilman.exe for some dumb reason... how to reinstall cmd? PS: Powershell works fine if needed! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-overwritten-cmdexe-with-some-other-exe/83d7fd30-03c6-4468-8dfd-73feff86a0b8
  6. I think I accidentally enabled something in Onedrive and now a bunch of my apps are like...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I accidentally enabled something in Onedrive and now a bunch of my apps are like...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Menakan1738 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/koc6aa/i_think_i_accidentally_enabled_something_in/
  7. I think I accidentally merged my drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I accidentally merged my drives.: I have a 1TB HDD drive and a 1TB SSD drive. Yesterday I formatted my PC and did a fresh Windows 10 install. After that was done, I went on to the Computer Management to set up my drives, I right clicked on my SSD, hit New Distributed Drive or however you call it and started...
  8. Overwritten file

Overwritten file: I have recently used the "Do you want to replace the file in this destination" feature to replace a file. Is there any way to recover this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overwritten-file/4ce9af1f-2faa-408e-b7bc-cd98065bfacb
  9. Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally Overwritten an App (I Think): Yesterday I downloaded a copy of LTSpice (an electronic circuit simulator: LTspice | Design Center | Analog Devices), and all was working fine. Then this morning I noticed that both the shortcut on the desktop and the listing in the start menu had suddenly vanished, but...
  10. File Overwritten

File Overwritten: i orginally had a the documents written on my laptop storage then i back up on a USB then edit the word doc on the usb (Removable Disk) instead then i try to replace all the folder stored in the USB to Laptop storage then i loose my newest documents, updated...