Windows 10: Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

Discus and support Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am not sure if this would be the right sub. But I bought a new ssd 2 months ago and tried making it my new boot drive. And I think I accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cmaster183, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

1. Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

I am not sure if this would be the right sub. But I bought a new ssd 2 months ago and tried making it my new boot drive. And I think I accidentally have a duel boot system. Both of my drivers have windows on it. My bios has one drive set to boot. While windows detects the other as the boot drive. I don't need this function and decided to finally get around to fixing this. Is this bad? And how can I fix it?

submitted by /u/Cmaster183
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cmaster183, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:32 AM

2. Current Duel Boot system

I am currently running a system with windows 7 and windows 8.1 duel boot. Will I be able to keep windows 7 and only upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 when it becomes available? Thus allowing me to continue with my duel boot system but having windows 7
    and windows 10 instead of windows 7 and windows 8.1?

3. Current Duel Boot system

Andre Da Costa, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:36 AM
  4. Frank.Y Win User

Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

Remove windows 8 from duel-booting after system recovery

Hi, my windows 10 had the problem of
    0xc0000034
    and solved with a system repair disk. However, after the process I get a duel booting menu each time I start my computer, with options of windows 10 and 8.

I'm wondering how could I remove windows 8 from the list? Thanks!

Thema:

Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

1. Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad? - Similar Threads - Accidentally put system

2. duel monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    duel monitors: I have a Dell PC. I hooked up a second monitor to the connection right next to where the first monitor was plugged in. The second monitor had a VGA cord. I bought a VGA male to a DVI-D female which plugs into my PC. When I turn on computer I get no signal on second monitor....
  3. bad system config info from boot manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad system config info from boot manager: hi! so i have a Lenovo S20-30 that my brother bought around 6 years ago, it is still working rather fine for office uses. i wanted to check its BIOS settings so i went ahead and pressed Fn + F12 and I entered the boot manage option. afterwards, it just brought me straight...
  4. Put my operating system on the wrong drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Put my operating system on the wrong drive.: I recently upgraded windows 10 on my pc and thought I had to put it on my HDD. Is there any way for me to migrate just the os system to a smaller SSD or am I better to just do a clean install on the SSD and start from scratch again on my HDD?...
  5. Help with duel boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with duel boot: I have a duel boot configured on my laptop. Windows 10 and Ubuntu. right now the Ubuntu Boot loader has taken charge and if I catch it in time It defaults to Ubuntu. so I have to actually log int Ubuntu then Log Out and restart and watch as it boots and catch it to select...
  6. dueling computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    dueling computers: my gf just got a new lap top and whenever she changes a setting on that the change effecs my computer and vice versa. WHY? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dueling-computers/313d373e-db29-4767-96fd-b54cdc098834
  7. Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system: Hi, I have windows 10 and windows 7 on a duel boot configuration.I have three drives designated to windows 10.I'm using windows 7 pro 64 bit for gaming only, But I'm running out of storage space. So I want to add a 500 GB sata drive I have in my desk drawer to windows...
  8. RDP and Duel monitors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP and Duel monitors: I have a windows 10 pro laptop that has another monitor connected to it. I want to remote desktop to a windows 7 procomputer. Is there a way that I could get both the monitor and laptop to span the remote desktop session? I clicked on use all monitors but that did not work....
  9. build 9879 clean install with duel boot.

build 9879 clean install with duel boot.: HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary boot O/S)partition. the...
  10. Installing W10 on a SSD drive (duel boot with W7)

Installing W10 on a SSD drive (duel boot with W7): Hi, just want to check can I duel boot W10 & W7 on a SSD drive. Thanks 4938