Windows 10: Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

Discus and support Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am not sure if this would be the right sub. But I bought a new ssd 2 months ago and tried making it my new boot drive. And I think I accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cmaster183, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

I am not sure if this would be the right sub. But I bought a new ssd 2 months ago and tried making it my new boot drive. And I think I accidentally have a duel boot system. Both of my drivers have windows on it. My bios has one drive set to boot. While windows detects the other as the boot drive. I don't need this function and decided to finally get around to fixing this. Is this bad? And how can I fix it?

submitted by /u/Cmaster183
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cmaster183, Nov 21, 2020

2. Current Duel Boot system

I am currently running a system with windows 7 and windows 8.1 duel boot. Will I be able to keep windows 7 and only upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 when it becomes available? Thus allowing me to continue with my duel boot system but having windows 7
    and windows 10 instead of windows 7 and windows 8.1?

MichaelOakes, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Current Duel Boot system

Andre Da Costa, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Frank.Y Win User

Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

Remove windows 8 from duel-booting after system recovery

Hi, my windows 10 had the problem of
    0xc0000034
    and solved with a system repair disk. However, after the process I get a duel booting menu each time I start my computer, with options of windows 10 and 8.

I'm wondering how could I remove windows 8 from the list? Thanks!

Frank.Y, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad?

1. Accidentally put my system on duel boot is this bad? - Similar Threads - Accidentally put system

2. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duel boot windows: I have insalled ubuntu and by mistake removed windows. Can someone tell me how to duel boot windows and ubuntu after installing ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-boot-windows/044dd64b-9bf8-4edc-96e4-36061079d44a
  3. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duel boot windows: I have insalled ubuntu and by mistake removed windows. Can someone tell me how to duel boot windows and ubuntu after installing ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-boot-windows/044dd64b-9bf8-4edc-96e4-36061079d44a
  4. duel boot windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Duel boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duel boot problem: I have installed Ubuntu 20.04 along with Windows 10 pro. Unfortunately, after installing Ubuntu I am facing a wired problem. If I restart from Ubuntu and try to boot into Windows, it does not boot, all lights are on, the fan is on, but the screen goes black! Then I need to...
  6. “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot: When I boot up my Windows 10 PC, the error code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO comes up. Then the PC restarts by itself. Finally the options Restart and Advanced Options are available.I tried many methods throughout the internet, none worked. So I used another HDD with Windows 10 to...
  7. Need Help From Anyone To Create A Duel Boot System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help From Anyone To Create A Duel Boot System: Hey everyone, I joined this group as I need a step by step guidance to duel boot my system with already having Windows 10 Pro installed. I want Windows 7 in my system too with Windows 10. I own an original copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Doing this mainly so I get to play my...
  8. W10 Duel Boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Duel Boot problem: I have a Dell Model 9020 Small Form computer that I am working on for a friend. First I have been Duel Booting Windows & Ubuntu for years on different computers and have never run into this problem. The Dell 9020 has W10 Pro on it & it opens fine. When I install Ubuntu...
  9. Help with duel boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with duel boot: I have a duel boot configured on my laptop. Windows 10 and Ubuntu. right now the Ubuntu Boot loader has taken charge and if I catch it in time It defaults to Ubuntu. so I have to actually log int Ubuntu then Log Out and restart and watch as it boots and catch it to select...
  10. Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to add a sata drive to a duel boot system: Hi, I have windows 10 and windows 7 on a duel boot configuration.I have three drives designated to windows 10.I'm using windows 7 pro 64 bit for gaming only, But I'm running out of storage space. So I want to add a 500 GB sata drive I have in my desk drawer to windows...