Windows 10: Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files

Discus and support Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I need help. Am newly enrolled IT student, while working on my Lab Exercise, i installed windows from usb on my old all in one desktop which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Olatunji Simeon, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files

Hello,

I need help.

Am newly enrolled IT student, while working on my Lab Exercise, i installed windows from usb on my old all in one desktop which i should not have but now the PC become new and i can not find any of my files.

Kindly assist

:)

Olatunji Simeon, Sep 22, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files

1. Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files - Similar Threads - Accidentally installed Lost

2. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  3. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  4. Reinstalled windows and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled windows and lost all my files: I have recently reinstalled windows on my PC as my windows was previously corrupted. I have lost all my files, but my hard drives still full of data. When I try to access that data and all my files I find nothing. I have gone through many videos and websites telling me to...
  5. Reinstalled windows and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalled windows and lost all my files: I have recently reinstalled windows on my PC as my windows was previously corrupted. I have lost all my files, but my hard drives still full of data. When I try to access that data and all my files I find nothing. I have gone through many videos and websites telling me to...
  6. I Lost All of My Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost All of My Files: My computer was not loading the key pad to enter my pin and sign in. I was stuck on the rotation of scenic photos that it typically runs through in the background. This has been a regular occurrence for quite some time now. In every instance before this one of two things...
  7. why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why has my computer re booted and lost all my files: why has my computer re booted and lost all my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-my-computer-re-booted-and-lost-all-my/83b70f42-b07a-4763-810e-4dbbb31eeeec
  8. Edge and lost all of my files

Edge and lost all of my files: I uploaded Edge and lost all of my desktop icons, pictures, and files. How do I restore them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-and-lost-all-of-my-files/0b682565-e2ab-48c5-a86d-f3ce07232049
  9. Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive

Accidentally moved all my files to OneDrive: After a buggy Windows update last month, my OS deleted itself. I had to reinstall Windows via USB and accepted OneDrive backup on setup. I didn't realize this would upload nearly all of my personal files to OneDrive. As I was trying to unlink my documents and pictures folders...
  10. update windows 10 or all my files will be lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    update windows 10 or all my files will be lost: A message appeared in a popup window warning me that if I did not click the update now button all my files would be lost. I just closed the browser and it disappeared. I assume this is a scam of sorts and not a real threat....