Windows 10: Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?

Discus and support Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now? I had my main account set as administrator. I crated new account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrantišekLacko, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?

Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?

I had my main account set as administrator. I crated new account and made it also an administrator. Then i accidentally set them both as a normal user accounts. I cant run anything as adminisitrator and i cant set myself as an administrator. What do I do now?

:)

FrantišekLacko, Sep 17, 2019

2. Accidental administrator removal, one account helppppppp

Can anybody give me a very basic step by step guide as to how I return administrative rights back to my account after I've accidentally removed them. Im very poor with computers and It's the only account on my laptop so every time I try to follow tutorials
    to restore rights back to my account it doesn't give me the option to. I removed them by holding down the windows button and R before typing netplwiz and following the menus to the point where it gave me the choice. Please help me I was trying to find a way
    to fix a MSO2087 auto correct error every time I opened Word 2013 and have seriously messed up. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

GeorgeBradley98, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 17, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now? - Similar Threads - Accidentally removed administrator

2. I accidentally forgot mywindows 11 login password and removed my admin account what do I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally forgot mywindows 11 login password and removed my admin account what do I do...: I have forgot my laptops password and removed my administratior account and don't have my reset password disk please help me how do I reset my password...
  3. I accidentally forgot mywindows 11 login password and removed my admin account what do I do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally forgot mywindows 11 login password and removed my admin account what do I do...: I have forgot my laptops password and removed my administratior account and don't have my reset password disk please help me how do I reset my password...
  4. I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now...: I really need help man, and I don't want to reinstall Windows again. I can only use another account which isn't even administrator. My account doesn't show up on the lock menu, and if I want to do something that needs administrator permissions, it doesn't ask for an...
  5. What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?: (It won't let me post on r/techsupport. So sorry, but I need this: my laptop means the world to me.) So, my Windows 10, Acer laptop is doing that glitch where it just constantly restarts. Now, I followed a YouTube tutorial on how to fix the issue. And it worked- well,...
  6. I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore: I have a new PC but set up a new ID as administrator. Forgot to add to group and deleted administrative rights on my original id. I have tried a reset and my pc won't reset. I have no admin rights so I can't do anything...
  7. How do I remove an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an administrator account?: We added a user to the computer and now want to change the administrator. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-administrator-account/efc159d8-bba4-482c-82bc-fb41ba10afad
  8. Accidentally deleted the bluetooth driver from my Device Manager. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally deleted the bluetooth driver from my Device Manager. What do I do now?: Alright, so my computer knowledge is quite low but what basically happened is I was looking online for some solutions about my problem- Whenever my bluetooth is on, my wifi doesn't work or the speed is extremely limited or it just says wifi connected but no internet. So I...
  9. accidentally removed administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accidentally removed administrator account: now i have no access i can't even open settings i tried a lot of solutions but they were all useless so please help and thank you...
  10. Administrator account do not have administrative rights always

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account do not have administrative rights always: I tried this over several laptops to see if its corruption and the result is not . Accounts with Administrator rights do not have administrative privileges over all folders owned by Administrators group , that i either have to own the folder or add the user (administrator)...