Windows 10: Accidentally removed windows product key

Discus and support Accidentally removed windows product key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am planning to install a non-Windows OS on my computer and wanted to retrieve the Windows key to use on another device. I accidentally removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dabqn, May 26, 2023.

1. dabqn Win User

Accidentally removed windows product key

I am planning to install a non-Windows OS on my computer and wanted to retrieve the Windows key to use on another device. I accidentally removed the key before finding it and writing it down. The computer was bought used with windows preinstalled and I have no way of finding the product key through the seller. Can I undo this or retrieve my old key?

:)

dabqn, May 26, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 26, 2023
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 26, 2023
  4. Accidentally removed windows product key

I have accidentally uninstalled my Product key in Windows 8 to be used for WIndows 10

Hi I was trying to find my Product key for my laptop hybrid (ASUS T100) and i was looking for steps on a site. I accidentally deleted my product key leading me to an ungenuine Windows 8. Please help me because I also need this for the installation of Windows
    10. I hope that this problem has a solution. Thank you for your help!

LouisLagare, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Accidentally removed windows product key

1. Accidentally removed windows product key - Similar Threads - Accidentally removed product

2. Accidentally removed windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally removed windows product key: I am planning to install a non-Windows OS on my computer and wanted to retrieve the Windows key to use on another device. I accidentally removed the key before finding it and writing it down. The computer was bought used with windows preinstalled and I have no way of finding...
  3. Accidentally removed windows product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally removed windows product key: I am planning to install a non-Windows OS on my computer and wanted to retrieve the Windows key to use on another device. I accidentally removed the key before finding it and writing it down. The computer was bought used with windows preinstalled and I have no way of finding...
  4. Product key recovery after Windows removal

Product key recovery after Windows removal: I mistakenly removed my WIndows 10 Operating System without a backup while trying to dual boot to Linux. However, while setting up my WIndows machine for the first time I used my email address. My laptop came with WIndows pre-installedHow can I revert back to Windows and...
  5. Product key recovery after Windows removal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key recovery after Windows removal: I mistakenly removed my WIndows 10 Operating System without a backup while trying to dual boot to Linux. However, while setting up my WIndows machine for the first time I used my email address. My laptop came with WIndows pre-installedHow can I revert back to Windows and...
  6. Product key recovery after Windows removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. what is the product key of ID <Removed>

what is the product key of ID <Removed>: Hi, i don't know what's key product of ID <Removed> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-product-key-of-id-removed/84385a16-e1a0-446b-9aa1-70b334afd37e
  8. what is the product key of ID <Removed>

what is the product key of ID <Removed>: Hi, i don't know what's key product of ID <Removed> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-product-key-of-id-removed/84385a16-e1a0-446b-9aa1-70b334afd37e
  9. Remove windows product key from email

Remove windows product key from email: I have a windows digital license key i installed the license key on two devices and two license key installed in email i want to remove the license key from one email...
  10. Tried to remove KMS product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to remove KMS product key: So I was an idiot and used the KMS product key activation software, then fast forward 2 years (did not need to replace the key) I decided I wanted to remove it. So I tried changing the product key, it said Windows 10 was not activated and theres no product key, so I reset my...