Windows 10: accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

Discus and support accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed drive F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manuelzampetti, Nov 24, 2021.

1. accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed drive F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix, can anyone kindly help me?.I thought I would solve like this: use bootable usb --> launch from bios --> rename back F: to SYSTEM but i don't know how to do, can be a good solution? Any other ideas?many thanks in advance

:)

manuelzampetti, Nov 24, 2021

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Nov 24, 2021
  3. System restore failed and now my computer won' t boot at all

Hi Bjørn,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up. If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the
    piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.

Method 2:

Perform a Startup repair from Advance boot option

• Boot your computer using a Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc.

• Select the correct time and keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from the Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in the Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Repair from the Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Ronald San, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

1. accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot - Similar Threads - accidentally renamed drive

2. i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...: i was trying to install mods for microsoft flight simulator and accidentlly renamed a file within the wpsystem folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-renamed-a-folder-inside-wpsystem-on/eb026b7e-afb7-4876-982d-b24ba2f768fb
  3. i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...: i was trying to install mods for microsoft flight simulator and accidentlly renamed a file within the wpsystem folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-renamed-a-folder-inside-wpsystem-on/eb026b7e-afb7-4876-982d-b24ba2f768fb
  4. i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System drive used to boot but won't now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System drive used to boot but won't now: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7306 black. Supplied as NVMe SSD 500GB. Bought from a Dell outlet in Feb 22. I bought a new 2TB SSD and had the outlet install it. I put a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on it. It's worked fine since then. So obviously it was a Bootable device and...
  6. accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed drive F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix,...
  7. accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed drive F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix,...
  8. accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix, can...
  9. accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix, can...
  10. accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot