Windows 10: accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

Discus and support accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by manuelzampetti, Nov 24, 2021.

1. accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix, can anyone kindly help me?. My idea of resolution would be: use bootable usb --> launch from bios --> rename back F: to SYSTEM but i don't know how to do, can be a good solution? Any other ideas?many thanks in advance

:)

manuelzampetti, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Nov 24, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 24, 2021
  4. tops Win User

accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

1. accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot - Similar Threads - accidentally renamed SYSTEM

2. i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...: i was trying to install mods for microsoft flight simulator and accidentlly renamed a file within the wpsystem folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-renamed-a-folder-inside-wpsystem-on/eb026b7e-afb7-4876-982d-b24ba2f768fb
  3. i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...: i was trying to install mods for microsoft flight simulator and accidentlly renamed a file within the wpsystem folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-renamed-a-folder-inside-wpsystem-on/eb026b7e-afb7-4876-982d-b24ba2f768fb
  4. i accidentally renamed a folder inside wpsystem on my f drive and now it says The security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed drive F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix,...
  6. accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed drive F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix,...
  7. accidentally renamed drive F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix, can...
  9. accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally renamed F: SYSTEM and now my laptop won't boot: hi, I have an Asus laptop with windows 10, yesterday accidentally i renamed F: SYSTEM to a random name and now my laptop during boot freezes at the screen "ASUS in search of incredible". Sure, i think, what i renamed is something of system but i don't know how to fix, can...
  10. System won't boot up after chkdsk /f help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System won't boot up after chkdsk /f help: Ok so I bought a new ssd and wanted to clone the stuff I had on the HDD onto the SSD using MiniTool. While cloning the error:23 occured and it got stuck in a loop, so I restarted the pc. I checked on the web and it said to run the command chkdsk /r which made my system...