Windows 10: Accidentally Replaced a File Using "Save As". Can't Find my Previous File Now

Discus and support Accidentally Replaced a File Using "Save As". Can't Find my Previous File Now in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to save a .pdf that I was working on, so I clicked "Save As" and went to the folder that I wished to save it to. Somehow, I managed to get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abonnieweelass, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Accidentally Replaced a File Using "Save As". Can't Find my Previous File Now

I wanted to save a .pdf that I was working on, so I clicked "Save As" and went to the folder that I wished to save it to. Somehow, I managed to get to the action "XXX already exists, would you like to overwrite it?" and inadvertently clicked, "Yes".

Is there a way that I can undo this action and restore the file that was overwritten?

I have tried "Ctrl+Z", and that did not work. I didn't know about "File History" prior to this, so this wasn't set up at all.

The document that I saved over was extremely important. Please help! Thank you

:)

abonnieweelass, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Recovering Replaced Files

I recently accidentally replace some very essential files of mine. And before you suggest it, I have tried restoring to previous versions. is there any other way to restore these files or some kind of tool that can help me get them back?

Bron_Williams, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Accidentally Replaced a File Using "Save As". Can't Find my Previous File Now

Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally Replaced a File Using "Save As". Can't Find my Previous File Now

1. Accidentally Replaced a File Using "Save As". Can't Find my Previous File Now - Similar Threads - Accidentally Replaced File

2. Can't find files after saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find files after saving: I'm using a program called Film Forth. I saved my project in C:\Users\jenlu\Videos\FilmForth. I'm trying to use WeTransfer.com to send the project via email. When i click Upload from WeTransfer and go to the correct folder, I can see the thumbnail of the project, but when I...
  3. Can't find files after saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find files after saving: I'm using a program called Film Forth. I saved my project in C:\Users\jenlu\Videos\FilmForth. I'm trying to use WeTransfer.com to send the project via email. When i click Upload from WeTransfer and go to the correct folder, I can see the thumbnail of the project, but when I...
  4. save and replace existing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save and replace existing files: Where do i change setting for saving all kind of files and replace them without getting a new copy? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Previous posts suggest that the OS is Window 10...
  5. I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc

I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc: I re installed my windows with the option to keep my files . when it was done I couldn't find my pervious file but the hard drive is indicating that the previous files are still there . I've checked user it's only showing my recent files it's showing please how can i get...
  6. Can't find my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find my files: I removed my ssd and gave it to someone so that they put files in my drive. So he used it as an external drive and sent files to the ssd. Now my C drive looks full but I can't find the files. I have searched on "This PC" I mean everywhere I even checked the hidden items box...
  7. Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10: When I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 all of my files, documents, accounts, etc., disappeared. I tried to find them on my hard drive to reestablish them but they aren't viewable to do that. I know they are there somewhere but no idea how to find them and restore...
  8. used xcopy command and now i can't find my files

used xcopy command and now i can't find my files: I used the command "xcopy C:\users D\ /D" I copied complete users folder and at the end of the command it showed that a number of files has been copied but I can't find those files in D drive. so please tell me a way to find those files * Moved from Community Participation...
  9. Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.

Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.: Hi, I'm in a rush because this work is due tomorrow. So basically, I accidentally lost work that I thought I had saved, and when I opened word again for something else it told me that I had unsaved documents, and for some reason my stupid self just deleted them. I just...
  10. Can't save files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't save files: I cannot save files without adding the app to the approved list on Defender. This includes downloading new apps. What do I need to change to allow this? I have checked and I am logged in as the administrator....