Windows 10: Accidentally restored a virus?

Discus and support Accidentally restored a virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I noticed on windows defender a click trojan was under my quarantine list. I read online the way to delete it permanently was to click "remove". Well... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peechdoctor, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Accidentally restored a virus?

I noticed on windows defender a click trojan was under my quarantine list. I read online the way to delete it permanently was to click "remove". Well it was removed alright. .removed from quarantine and restored!! How do I find it and re-quarantine it??? I search for it and it doesn't give me any results. It still shows up on the virus defender list as having been "restored or removed", but my only option now says "allow". . . ??? Allow what?? I want it off my computer or at least back in quarantine. Can anyone help me please?

:)

Peechdoctor, Oct 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Accidentally restored a virus? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Driver Restore and Driver Toolkit Download

I tried this, but Driver Restore is not in the list of programs that can be unistalled.

AlbertDorrington, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Accidentally restored a virus?

Failed restoration

We appreciate you getting back to us. For further research, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you tell us what are the programs that are affected on this error?
    • Can you reinstall Spotify or not?
    • When did you update your computer?
    • What is the date when you created a restore point?
    • What are the programs that you accidentally deleted?

Meanwhile, since you've already tried to perform a restoration on the Windows Recovery Environment and the issue still persists, we suggest that you
    Reset your PC and keep your files. Kindly see this
    article
    and follow the steps on the section that says Reset your PC.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally restored a virus?

1. Accidentally restored a virus? - Similar Threads - Accidentally restored virus

2. Accidental System restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental System restore: I tried updating my bios by following the instructions provided by MSISomehow, after the bios installation, my pc booted up and said something like “Windows restored from restore point”And everything is back to my old files from years agoWhat can I do? How can I get back to...
  3. Accidental System restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental System restore: I tried updating my bios by following the instructions provided by MSISomehow, after the bios installation, my pc booted up and said something like “Windows restored from restore point”And everything is back to my old files from years agoWhat can I do? How can I get back to...
  4. Accidental System restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. accidentally installed a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accidentally installed a virus: so for the first time in a while I managed to download a virus from a fake blender website that automatically closes chrome any time i open it, I installed frst but now I need a fixlist that i am not sure how to get, any help would be greatly appreciated. I will send the frst...
  6. Help i accidentally downladed a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help i accidentally downladed a virus: I used windows defender and avast to clear it but soemtimes when i watch videos i can hear a arab guy saying something and when i press space its like i unpause i video i never clicked on, how can i get rid of this? if this isnt the apropriate subreddit can i get a link to...
  7. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

Accidentally restored quarantined trojan: I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification saying that the scanner skipped a file. When I click it, it takes me to the exclusions page, but there's nothing there. What...
  8. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user profile accidentally deleted: Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that? I do not have a restore back up date. None of the files I had on my desktop...
  9. Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted

Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted: Tonight, I received a message from Windows Defender Antivirus that there were threats on my laptop and i just pressed to go in action got it deleted. I want those files to be restored and I really need an answer because the files that were accidentally deleted are very...
  10. I accidentally downloaded a virus

I accidentally downloaded a virus: I accidentally downloaded a virus and it deleted some important files like windows10upgrade. I tries rebooting my drives completly and it didnt work. I think its because it deleted windows10upgrade. If anyone can help me i will be grateful...