Windows 10: Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

Discus and support Accidentally restored quarantined trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JericoMel, May 28, 2019.

1. JericoMel Win User

Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification saying that the scanner skipped a file. When I click it, it takes me to the exclusions page, but there's nothing there.

What should I do?

:)

JericoMel, May 28, 2019

2. Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Windows Defender detected a Trojan Virus on a full scan. When I reviewed the history it indicated that the Trojan was in "allowed threats" as well as in "quarantined threats." How could that happen? How can I find out if the virus was removed?

[Original Title: Trojan virus]

LillianParmertor, May 28, 2019
  3. SMKnower Win User
    how to remove a trojan threat that is Quarantined

On the page it does not say remove threat anywhere. So how do I remove a Quarantined Trojan and i have 2 of them got at the same time. Both the same Trojan.

SMKnower, May 28, 2019
  4. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

1. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan - Similar Threads - Accidentally restored quarantined

2. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  3. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  4. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring quarantined threat not doing anything: when i try to click the button under threat quarantined to remove the threat nothing happens i cant restore it other drop down menus in windows defender work, everything else works...
  6. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restoring quarantined threat not doing anything: when i try to click the button under threat quarantined to remove the threat nothing happens i cant restore it other drop down menus in windows defender work, everything else works...
  7. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

8. Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined

Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined: Defender detected the virus Wacatac.B!ml. I checked the protection history and it reported as below:The Microsoft website says it removes this virus but the above doesn't show it completely removed.What is "Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy25Windows...? Is this some hidden...
  9. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  10. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Accidently removed virus from quarantine

2. I accidentally allowed a Trojan into my computer

3. mistakenly allowed trojan file on windows defender

4. i accidentally restored a trojan