Windows 10: Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

Discus and support Accidentally restored quarantined trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JericoMel, May 28, 2019.

1. JericoMel Win User

Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification saying that the scanner skipped a file. When I click it, it takes me to the exclusions page, but there's nothing there.

What should I do?

:)

JericoMel, May 28, 2019

2. Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Windows Defender detected a Trojan Virus on a full scan. When I reviewed the history it indicated that the Trojan was in "allowed threats" as well as in "quarantined threats." How could that happen? How can I find out if the virus was removed?

[Original Title: Trojan virus]

LillianParmertor, May 28, 2019
  3. SMKnower Win User
    how to remove a trojan threat that is Quarantined

On the page it does not say remove threat anywhere. So how do I remove a Quarantined Trojan and i have 2 of them got at the same time. Both the same Trojan.

SMKnower, May 28, 2019
  4. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

1. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan - Similar Threads - Accidentally restored quarantined

2. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user profile accidentally deleted: Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that? I do not have a restore back up date. None of the files I had on my desktop...
  3. Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted: Tonight, I received a message from Windows Defender Antivirus that there were threats on my laptop and i just pressed to go in action got it deleted. I want those files to be restored and I really need an answer because the files that were accidentally deleted are very...
  4. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  5. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  6. where is the quarantine

where is the quarantine: where is the quarantine folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/where-is-the-quarantine/e6017d29-e572-4396-bca8-8041d910a33e
  7. Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?: My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not report any threat....
  8. Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A

Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A: Hello, today I've downloaded an archive containing an .exe file that I executed in the first place into my secondary D: drive, the application was working fine, nothing happened. Then I moved the entire folder to C:\Programs, that triggered Windows Defender reporting a...
  9. Trojan or not ?

Trojan or not ?: Hi all, Not quite sure when this started but roughly somewhere around July I noticed a file called NTUSER.rhk that resides in "Users\My username". Googling for the .rhk file extension gave me a bit of a scare as most sites suggest this is associated with Trojan....
  10. Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update

Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update: I can't find the Windows Defender quarantine anymore in Creators Update. 83332