Windows 10: Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim...

Discus and support Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About a week ago, I was playing around with my settings and I accidentally toggled my background apps and taskbar to dim after ~30 seconds. I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AvocadoVacuum, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim...

About a week ago, I was playing around with my settings and I accidentally toggled my background apps and taskbar to dim after ~30 seconds. I thought it was neat at the time, but I've realized that it now dims my professors lecture window while I'm taking notes in OneNote. I forgot where this setting is and would really appreciate some help on this one!

submitted by /u/AvocadoVacuum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AvocadoVacuum, Apr 9, 2020

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsAccidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim... :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 9, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim...

Background Apps Annoying

You can go to Settings App
    search for background
    click on let apps run in the background

Scroll through the list to see if they're listed there.

swarfega, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim...

1. Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim... - Similar Threads - Accidentally set background

2. Windows dimming in background when I change apps..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows dimming in background when I change apps..: Hard to explain, at least for me. I open Edge. It opens fine, but everything behind it darkens out. It is not black, grayish. It is some kind of setting from the new update. How to turn this off so I can see everything on my desktop without have to click it....
  3. Windows dimming in background when I change apps..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows dimming in background when I change apps..: Hard to explain, at least for me. I open Edge. It opens fine, but everything behind it darkens out. It is not black, grayish. It is some kind of setting from the new update. How to turn this off so I can see everything on my desktop without have to click it....
  4. Background Windows dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Windows dimming: With a 2nd monitor hooked up and working with multiple windows browser windows, apps, or separate programs, whenever I click on one window, the other ones dim to the point I can barely see it. I need all of them to stay at the same brightness. It also does this with or...
  5. Background Windows dimming

Background Windows dimming: With a 2nd monitor hooked up and working with multiple windows browser windows, apps, or separate programs, whenever I click on one window, the other ones dim to the point I can barely see it. I need all of them to stay at the same brightness. It also does this with or...
  6. background windows dimmed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background windows dimmed.: I have the same question as this but I do not use an HP computer mine is an Asus. "Ok so here's the thing, there is this windows 10 feature that allows you to "focus" on one window at a time, and dims the background windows. An example would be, I have 3 windows open and none...
  7. background windows dimmed.

background windows dimmed.: I have the same question as this but I do not use an HP computer mine is an Asus. "Ok so here's the thing, there is this windows 10 feature that allows you to "focus" on one window at a time, and dims the background windows. An example would be, I have 3 windows open and none...
  8. Background Windows Dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Windows Dim: Hello all!Ok so here's the thing, there is this windows 10 feature that allows you to "focus" on one window at a time, and dims the background windows. An example would be, I have 3 windows open and none of them are full screen. I click on one window, and the rest of the...
  9. Dimming of Background Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dimming of Background Apps: My computer information is the following: Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz RAM: 32.0 GBGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 I...
  10. No Background apps in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Background apps in settings: [ATTACH] I'm trying to disable an app from running in the background, but there's nothing there. Can anyone help me? https://preview.redd.it/xz519y2b37861.png?width=1571&format=png&auto=webp&s=c7f9a2e536574f0032fbb227a1574e4cc2f7fffd submitted by /u/minytrolly...