Windows 10: Accidentally set computer for wind 10 Pro activation when my product code key was for...

Discus and support Accidentally set computer for wind 10 Pro activation when my product code key was for... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased my first computer (i have always just used my teenagers) i bought it refurbished Hp probook with windows 10home, when i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kristi S147, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Accidentally set computer for wind 10 Pro activation when my product code key was for...

I recently purchased my first computer (i have always just used my teenagers) i bought it refurbished Hp probook with windows 10home, when i was setting it up i accidentally set it up for Windows Pro. How do i fix this. When i walk through the steps to fix it it keeps trying to send me to the store to buy a new product key. I called Microsoft the Product key is good

Kristi

:)

Kristi S147, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Apr 14, 2019
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Accidentally set computer for wind 10 Pro activation when my product code key was for...

I have a product key for Windows 10 Pro but I accidentally installed Windows 10 Home on my computer.

Hi guys,

I recently built a new computer and used Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to create a bootable flash drive for my new computer. I plugged in the flash drive and the installation went well until I noticed I accidentally installed Windows 10 Home on my computer
    instead of Windows 10 Pro. I looked at all of the forums and tried all of the "fixes" including this one "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro" I am trying to activate my windows since I skipped this step during installation.
    When I enter my Windows 10 Pro product key, It gives me this error code:
    "The last product key you entered can't be used with this copy of Windows (0x803FA067)"
    Is there anyway for me to activate Windows with my product key without having to do a fresh install because I don't have anything to backup my hard drive and ssd
    to.

Wilson Liang, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally set computer for wind 10 Pro activation when my product code key was for...

1. Accidentally set computer for wind 10 Pro activation when my product code key was for... - Similar Threads - Accidentally set computer

2. Win 10 Pro product key verification prior to activation on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro product key verification prior to activation on computer: Hi all, I bought a new Lenovo desktop from a 3rd party reseller which came with Windows 10 Home. I paid extra to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. However, I didnt verfiy that the Win 10 Pro was activated before I left the shop. After starting the PC, the "Windows need...
  3. Win 10 Pro product key verification prior to activation on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro product key verification prior to activation on computer: Hi all, I bought a new Lenovo desktop from a 3rd party reseller which came with Windows 10 Home. I paid extra to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. However, I didnt verfiy that the Win 10 Pro was activated before I left the shop. After starting the PC, the "Windows need...
  4. Win 10 Pro product key verification prior to activation on computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate: Hi!I'm currently in the process of setting up my new laptop. This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home edition installed onto it out of the box, however I replaced the included nvme with my own two and went ahead and installed Windows 10 Pro N - an edition I use whenever I...
  6. Activation of my win 10 pro by product key

Activation of my win 10 pro by product key: How do I get a product key on line to activate my Win 10 pro trial version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-my-win-10-pro-by-product-key/63be0279-065e-4baf-bcb2-28d9f6389fde
  7. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  8. windows 10 pro activation product key

windows 10 pro activation product key: I have windows 10 home as the product key on my laptop but want to install windows 10 pro so I can access remote desktop from work. When I put code in it says it is incorrect with error code Oxc004f050....
  9. windows10 pro product key and activate ?

windows10 pro product key and activate ?: hi guys i bought a new dell inspiron laptop 2 years ago with this windows installed on it and all was fine till today it started with the message saying licence will expire soon while my windows says activated on pc properties and i fixed it from a way i found online but...
  10. Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.: Hi, I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and one pro. I got the pro license free from Microsoft because I was in the insider program during the early preview builds....