Windows 10: Accidentally set my .package file to notepad

Discus and support Accidentally set my .package file to notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I accidentally set a .package file to notepad as default. How do I revert it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ofirgutnick, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Accidentally set my .package file to notepad

So, I accidentally set a .package file to notepad as default. How do I revert it?

:)

ofirgutnick, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Gil deG Win User

Can't find saved NotePad in files

Hi,

Possible that you accidentally save the files in a different file extension name.

In order for us to resolved your concern, we need to ask some information to isolate the issue.

1. How do you save the file in Notepad? It's better to provide the step by step procedure on how do you save the file.

2. How do you search your saved Notepad file?

3. Is it all files saved in Notepad that you cannot find after saving?

4. Are you getting an error message when you try to find the files saved in Notepad?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Jan 8, 2020
  3. adlp Win User
    Change from Notepad as Default Program

I accidentally opened up a .har file with Notepad and cannot find a way to go back and change the settings in Windows 10. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

adlp, Jan 8, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Accidentally set my .package file to notepad

Change file extension for Notepad ++

Why not simply find a different program that does register itself as a potential default correctly?

As I said before, the only option you have realistically if you wish to associate it is to use Open With, Browse to the program's exe and remember to click the check box to always use that program at the bottom.
    (Tutorial available if you need it).

Otherwise, I suggest you use a different program that is written so as to register itself to be capable of handling the extensions it can process.

Understand that programs which are not so written will not be listed by Windows as a potential default, as I have already said.

Examples:
    https://www.slant.co/options/44/alte...d-alternatives
    https://www.guru99.com/notepad-plus-...ternative.html
    - checking they can be associated as defaults

For example, looking for a replacement for Notepad, I found EditPadLite, a tabbed editor. It is easy to associate this.

If you search this forum, Notepad++ had been discussed before.
    File extension not in file association list
    (Post #7)

There are many discussions on the internet, but older references to the Control Panel are now obsolete, alas.
    How to Make Notepad++ As Default Text Editor on Windows 10
    under
    Update -
    - this section may be of interest, but with due caution

Set Notepad++ as default app in Windows 10 | Notepad++ Community

dalchina, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally set my .package file to notepad

1. Accidentally set my .package file to notepad - Similar Threads - Accidentally set package

2. Set my default app to open with for .jar files to Notepad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set my default app to open with for .jar files to Notepad.: As the subject says, I set the app that .jar files open with to Notepad. Now, whenever I try to run the files, I get the error "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I fiddled around with it for a while, but I was unable...
  3. Set my default app to open with for .jar files to Notepad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set my default app to open with for .jar files to Notepad.: As the subject says, I set the app that .jar files open with to Notepad. Now, whenever I try to run the files, I get the error "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I fiddled around with it for a while, but I was unable...
  4. Set my default app to open with for .jar files to Notepad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.: I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text from and then saved using the same file name, is there any way to get it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-notepad-file-that-i-accidentally-deleted/c796441b-a0b6-43e4-b351-86f80235e245
  6. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.: I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text from and then saved using the same file name, is there any way to get it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-notepad-file-that-i-accidentally-deleted/c796441b-a0b6-43e4-b351-86f80235e245
  7. I had a notepad file that I accidentally deleted text.

8. Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package: I accidentally deleted appdata/local/package folder when doing Microsoft Store troubleshooting and now i can't use any Microsoft Store apps when I try opening the apps it's only showing splash screen and the app closed. how do i solve this problem?...
  9. PLEASE HELP I accidentally set my rpf file to open with Text editor/Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLEASE HELP I accidentally set my rpf file to open with Text editor/Notepad: I've seen a lot of people in the same situation, but they are getting the wrong type of help. I need someone to tell me step by step how to remove it from being the app that opens my file. I don't want to open it with another file I want it to be a regular non-openable file....
  10. package files

package files: I play the sims 4 and almost all of downloaded content comes in package files. The files usually just automatically download without problems. Today I get a message " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally set a sims package file to open with a media player