Windows 10: Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with...

Discus and support Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was just playing around with some resolution setting in my window 10 pc .I accidentally set the screen resolution to higher than available and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohitJoshi1, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with...

I was just playing around with some resolution setting in my window 10 pc .I accidentally set the screen resolution to higher than available and now the screen says out of range error and all i see is black screen with this error.

And i am having trouble to reach safeboot option

:)

MohitJoshi1, Aug 26, 2018

2. Issues with the screen resolution in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding resolution of computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

It is very important to have the correct screen resolution settings in your Windows PC as it facilitates better display of content and the clarity of images. Higher is the resolution, sharper are the images and contents on your PC

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop,right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    Keep The Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Anup Karkal, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with...

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with...

1. Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with... - Similar Threads - Accidentally set higher

2. Screen resolution setting greyed out in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Screen resolution setting greyed out in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Several PC users have reported that after connecting their laptop to an external monitor, installing a new Windows update, or installing a new graphics card on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, they were unable to change the screen resolution because the screen...
  3. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10: Hi all,I recently built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and cant set it higher than 1080p 59.94 hz in the Windows settings.I installed newest AMD graphics drivers and I installed the latest AOC drivers for my monitor. I am using a Mini DP...
  4. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10: Hi all,I recently built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and cant set it higher than 1080p 59.94 hz in the Windows settings.I installed newest AMD graphics drivers and I installed the latest AOC drivers for my monitor. I am using a Mini DP...
  5. Screen Resolution Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution Grayed Out: I cannot change my screen resolution it is just grayed out. I went to device manager and it said all the drivers were up to date. I went into the properties but did not see a "Compatibility" tab that others have talked about. I don't know what else to try?...
  6. Blacking out screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blacking out screen: Recently I went through the update and now my camera app is not showing any image but a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blacking-out-screen/1583ef52-bb9a-4fb6-a64c-3e52ecaa80ed
  7. Screen resolution Windows 10 Setting?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution Windows 10 Setting?: Hello everybody After many years of always using iMac, I finally have a Windows laptop :D Since I don't know much, I would like to have a look at some general settings with someone who knows about them? Among other things I do not know where exactly I can change the...
  8. Cannot set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768

Cannot set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768: Hello, I have a Asus TUF GAMING FX504 TUF GAMING FX504GD_FX80GD. I can't set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768 since three months. The higher options are not showing up on the dropdown list in the settings. I'm sure this laptop should be able to have HD resolution......
  9. Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.

Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.: Hello team, I have a laptop with resolution 1366 x 768, then I want to mirror this to an HD TV. The problem I have is that when I plug the HDMI cable, the TV shows the screen in a small square and a huge gray border since the TV 1920 x 1080 in the optimal resolution I...
  10. Windows 10 Display Settings for Screen Resolution

Windows 10 Display Settings for Screen Resolution: So I want to change the resolution on my monitor. I go to Settings, Display and scroll down. The Display Resolution bar is grayed out. It doesn't show a resolution or other possible ones. Unfortunately the first five or so Google efforts to research the issue simply...