Windows 10: Accidentally stopped an update

Discus and support Accidentally stopped an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i have a lenovo laptop and today windows 10 wanted to update, so I let them. But i had it plugged without a battery in it and accidentally removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KellyKar, Oct 20, 2019.

1. KellyKar Win User

Accidentally stopped an update

So i have a lenovo laptop and today windows 10 wanted to update, so I let them. But i had it plugged without a battery in it and accidentally removed the plug while it was updating and the laptop turned off. When i opened it again it just shows a black screen with a Blinking dash at the left top corner. Is it completely broken?Accidentally stopped an update [​IMG]

:)

KellyKar, Oct 20, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 20, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Accidentally stopped an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 20, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Accidentally stopped an update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally stopped an update - Similar Threads - Accidentally stopped update

2. Accidental Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidental Reset: Due to inattention I accidently 'Reset' my PC instead of 'Restore'. I now have lost my files, I did retry to 'Restore' again but nothing happened. Any suggestions or is this mistake beyond help. Would appreciate help. Running 'Window's 10, email was 'Live'....
  3. stop updates

stop updates: I am still getting used to Windows 10. I want to have control of my updates and install them when I want to. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-updates/f42341d8-dd35-45dc-b4ce-6caac4e81ad9
  4. accidentally uninstalled microsoft

accidentally uninstalled microsoft: I have lost all my files Everything! I am devastated. I wanted to uninstall Microsoft office and it uninstalled all my files . Is there a way to recover them...
  5. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...
  6. stop updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop updates: This PC does updates which takes ages every time I switch the pc one - wish to stop this as takes so long and prevents me from using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/stop-updates/c082bf6e-a5df-4838-bb1b-2b876745682e
  7. Refund for accidental purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refund for accidental purchase: Hi: We bought a laptop. I'm not used to it. I accidentally bought an app for a mobile device instead of PC. I am hoping for a refund. I was trying to purchase an offline app, Roget's Thesaurus, and instead bought the one for a mobile device. After that, I thought I was...
  8. Stop Updates

Stop Updates: Everytime version 1709 or now 1803 tries to installI I get a message in Event Viewer that my computer has a bad block . I have done everything reasonable to correct this including repairing or marking the block not to use. I finally used wushowhide, but periodically 1803 is...
  9. Accidental uninstalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental uninstalls: I have a new install of 10 Pro & while customizing, rearranging & learning/testing new files & apps, I accidentally uninstalled the games Magic Kingdom & Hidden ???. W/o doing a complete reinstall of the OS, how do I get these 2 games back; they looked interesting. 98930
  10. Prevent Accidental Deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Accidental Deletion: What's the easiest way to protect a file from accidental deletion? I'm looking for something similar to setting "Read-only" in Properties. 34539