Windows 10: Accidentally tapping out

Discus and support Accidentally tapping out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whoever’s responsible for removing from Windows 10 the ability to turn off tapping is irresponsibility. Accidental taps close windows and open windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Billy LeeHarman, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Accidentally tapping out

Whoever’s responsible for removing from Windows 10 the ability to turn off tapping is irresponsibility. Accidental taps close windows and open windows and scroll from the part of windows in which one is working and move the curser from where one puts it to enter data and results in entering text where one doesn’t wish to enter it. And that wastes a whole lot of time for people trying use their computers to do either complex jobs or simple jobs.

:)

Billy LeeHarman, Sep 6, 2020

2. Uninstall TAP Windows Adapter V9

SOLVED

• Step 1: Download OpenVPN and install with ALL features from HERE : https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html
    • Step 2: Open CMD.exe as administrator and go to the file location of "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin" or whatever that turns out to be.
    • Step 3: Follow the "Installing and uninstalling TAP-drivers" section from the website

HERE
      : https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/ManagingWindowsTAPDrivers
    • OR JUST READ BELOW
    • Step 4: How to get the <id> for the next section:
      • Go to Network Connections
      • Right click the TAP device you want to remove
      • Click Properties
      • Click Details
      • Using the drop-down menu, get the Hardware ID
        • This is usually something like: tapoes, tap0901 etc
    • Step 5: Remove those suckers by typing the following into CMD: tapinstall.exe remove (ID from step 4)
      • it should look something like this below:
    • Step 6: If you have devices that were not removed, repeat Steps 4-5 for all TAP adapters
    • Step 7: Restart!
    • Step 8: Uninstall OpenVPN and you're all set!

Supplementary information from the site:

Occasionally you may need play with different TAP-driver versions. In this case you can use devcon.exe from the Windows command-prompt. Below are some common commands you can run from an administrator Powershell
    or cmd.exe console:

List available TAP-Windows adapters:

List network interfaces (incl. TAP-Windows adapters):

View information about an installed driver:

Uninstall a TAP-driver:

To verify TAP-driver removal:

Install a new TAP-driver:

Update a TAP-driver:

Notes:

• <id> refers to the driver identifier which is tap0901 for OpenVPN 2.2+, but may be different in older/newer OpenVPN versions.
    • <something.inf> is typically OemWin2k.inf (old tap-drivers) or OemVista.inf (newer tap-drivers). You need to specify the full path to this file, e.g.C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\driver\OemVista.inf.
    By installing multiple times, you will create additional TAP-Windows adapter instances, which can be used for multiple concurrent VPN tunnels. It is also possible to install using Control Panel -> Add New Hardware,
    and it is possible to uninstall using Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

CarlTutton, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    accidentally deleted path variable

Hi,

Corrupted file system may be the reason why you're unable to perform system restore. To assist you better, we'd like to know if did you get any error messages when you tried to perform the system restore.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to do the Repair Mode:

• Tap F8 at boot time.
    • Select Repair Mode.
    • Select the System Restore option.
    • Set Windows back by a few days.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Accidentally tapping out

lumia 950 tap to pay

Since the card and the bank is not yet supported by Microsoft Wallet, it is best that you send a suggestion using the Feedback Hub app so we can add it in the future. To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then submit.

Don't hesitate to ask the community if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally tapping out

1. Accidentally tapping out - Similar Threads - Accidentally tapping

2. Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…: My pc took 2 hours during the update but no response. It was stuck on 47% but I haven’t had any luck, so I turned my pc off. I’m not to smart so when the screen where it says “repair, troubleshooting, and etc.” I pressed repair but it took to long and I restarted my pc and...
  3. Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…: My pc took 2 hours during the update but no response. It was stuck on 47% but I haven’t had any luck, so I turned my pc off. I’m not to smart so when the screen where it says “repair, troubleshooting, and etc.” I pressed repair but it took to long and I restarted my pc and...
  4. Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  6. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  7. Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?: I was trying to clean up my Desktop and deleted an important file by accident. I didn't notice this immediately, so I emptied the Recycle Bin after deleting the rest of the files on my Desktop. Once I realized what happened I confirmed that the Recycle Bin had indeed been...
  8. Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?

Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?: I was trying to clean up my Desktop and deleted an important file by accident. I didn't notice this immediately, so I emptied the Recycle Bin after deleting the rest of the files on my Desktop. Once I realized what happened I confirmed that the Recycle Bin had indeed been...
  9. I accidentally deleted the temporary files And now the games don't run help me plsssss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted the temporary files And now the games don't run help me plsssss: hi Yesterday I accidentally deleted the temporary files And now the games fc24 n hogwarts l exit the game after loading .I reinstalled directxI ran sfc/ scannow in cmdI used debug mod in nvidia cpI used verify integrity method i cant uploadthis is DirectX function...
  10. I accidentally deleted the temporary files And now the games don't run help me plsssss

I accidentally deleted the temporary files And now the games don't run help me plsssss: hi Yesterday I accidentally deleted the temporary files And now the games fc24 n hogwarts l exit the game after loading .I reinstalled directxI ran sfc/ scannow in cmdI used debug mod in nvidia cpI used verify integrity method i cant uploadthis is DirectX function...