Windows 10: Accidentally transformed my Downloads folder into HDD

Discus and support Accidentally transformed my Downloads folder into HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ItIsIThePope [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItIsIThePope, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Accidentally transformed my Downloads folder into HDD

/u/ItIsIThePope, Aug 21, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 21, 2020
  3. moving download folder

i just got a new system with both an ssd and a hard drive, i installed the windows on the ssd and plugged the hdd after. when moving the download directory to the hdd i accidentally made it D:\ and not D:\Downloads. and now it registered my hdd as the
    downloads folder. whenever i change it it gives me an error "cant redirect a parent into a child. the specified path is invalid. and when i restore to defaults it gives the error "failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under the volume "D:\ System
    Volume Information." access is denied"

ibrahimmohamed1, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Accidentally transformed my Downloads folder into HDD

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally transformed my Downloads folder into HDD

1. Accidentally transformed my Downloads folder into HDD - Similar Threads - Accidentally transformed Downloads

2. Documents folder transform into user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder transform into user folder: Hello, good morning everyone! I was changing the default locations of the main folders "Documents", "Photos", "Videos", etc. When I went to change the location of the Documents folder back to my Windows 10 user folder C:/Users. When suddenly the "Documents" folder was hosted...
  3. Documents folder transform into user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder transform into user folder: Hello, good morning everyone! I was changing the default locations of the main folders "Documents", "Photos", "Videos", etc. When I went to change the location of the Documents folder back to my Windows 10 user folder C:/Users. When suddenly the "Documents" folder was hosted...
  4. Documents folder transform into user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder: I was just trying to make my downloads folder sync to onedrive automatically, so I searched ways on how to do it and I found one where you should change the location of the downloads folder to the onedrive folder and so I did that. But it ended up merging them, and I want to...
  6. I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder: I was just trying to make my downloads folder sync to onedrive automatically, so I searched ways on how to do it and I found one where you should change the location of the downloads folder to the onedrive folder and so I did that. But it ended up merging them, and I want to...
  7. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  8. Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder

Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder: I was trying to move my documents and downloads folder's location into my D drive but I accidentally merged the two folders, how do I undo this? Now whenever I download something, it goes into the documents folder. And when I open the downloads folder, it goes into the...
  9. Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted my downloads folder: I was messing around in WinRar and accidentally selected my downloads folder and deleted it, I then proceeded to empty my recycle bin because I’m dumb and thought I deleted the right file, how can I restore the folder, I have tried a boot media and doing a system restore but...
  10. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...