Windows 10: Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

Discus and support Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While using PowerPlanner7, I believe I may have accidentally turned off display or brightness to 0. I am unsure if I successfully made it back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by grimofdoom, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

While using PowerPlanner7, I believe I may have accidentally turned off display or brightness to 0. I am unsure if I successfully made it back to the desktop after rebooting(my attempt to solve the problem). I have tried searching the Internet for shortcuts that re-enable screen or turn brightness up(my keyboard brightness buttons do not work since I am on Mac and the functions keys are all remapped- holding fn then function is same as just pressing function now too)

:)

grimofdoom, Aug 4, 2015
  2. blitzkid Win User

C7 display sleeping while call incoming (after anna update)

If you guys hide the proximity sensor, the display will go black... It has been provided to save power so that the screen doesn't stay turned on when talking over your phone keeping it close to your ears. So if you accidentally cover the proximity sensor,
    your display is going to sleep...

blitzkid, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Børge_T Win User
    Black screen: Windows 10

I had a similar problem after Windows updates. The reason seems to be the display driver for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770. My screen turned black after restart, but I had the mouse cursor.

I noticed that I could move the mouse out to the left. When I moved the mouse out of screen in other directions it came back instantly, but in left direction the mouse seemed to continue and I had to move it back the same distance.

It turned out to be a HDMI cable connected to my receiver and from there to my TV. I switched on the TV and found the login screen there. My PC monitor was moved to display 2 and TV was now display 1. I unplugged the HDMI cable so the PC monitor is the only
    screen.

Børge_T, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

Bump

I could really use some help. I have work to do on my laptop and rebooring does not help.

grimofdoom, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Is this an unsolvable problem? I seriously could use some help quickly. I do have very important files I need to save, so i am not reinstalling the windows partition.

grimofdoom, Aug 4, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Hi ... Sorry but I'm not sure what you're asking . Are you saying you have no screen on your monitor, If so ? do you have the obvious power to the monitor on ? Did you check your cable not being loose ? And also can you try different cable ?

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  7. the problem was my laptop screen was black,not sure where monitor came from. i mentioned I was on mac, so that shoulda explained well enough i was on laptop. Well, after opening it for the 'millionth time', it randomly solved itself. I do not understand windows anymore. Is there some fairy that sleeps inside when I am having this problem?(problem has been solved now yes, mysteriously)

grimofdoom, Aug 4, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

I know Macs are laptops but when you said you accidentally turn off your screen , you throw me off and I thought maybe your talking about a PC but no sweat . Glad you got it going again . Have a good day

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

1. Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse - Similar Threads - Accidentally turned display

2. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  3. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  4. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates: So I found an issue with the windows display. The screen suddenly turns black, then after that the mouse duplicates. My screen recording softwares, like OBS, does not record the glitch. How do I fix this issue like using the regedit? Thanks!...
  5. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates: So I found an issue with the windows display. The screen suddenly turns black, then after that the mouse duplicates. My screen recording softwares, like OBS, does not record the glitch. How do I fix this issue like using the regedit? Thanks!...
  6. Screen turns black, then mouse duplicates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  8. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  9. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Black display after turning on HDR accidentally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black display after turning on HDR accidentally: So, while adjusting my screen resolution, the HDR was turned on accidentally. Now, everything runs but I'm unable to see the screen as my monitor detects an input but the screen remains black. what should i do?...