Windows 10: Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...

Discus and support Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I forgot I was installing Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC last night and turned it off. Only realised this morning that it was a bad idea. Thought that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheDergg, Jul 3, 2022.

1. TheDergg Win User

Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...

I forgot I was installing Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC last night and turned it off. Only realised this morning that it was a bad idea. Thought that the installation would remove the files, but all of the space that would have been taken up by Motorsport 7 was already taken up, and now I'm left with very little space, and the game isn't showing as being installed.I've tried searching the WindowsApps folder for anything that could be taking up a bunch of space, or any recently modified files using WinRAR, running as admin, but the only thing I could find was an empty Deleted folder. Nothing is

:)

TheDergg, Jul 3, 2022
  2. Geosammy Win User

Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Jul 3, 2022
  3. Show storage space in This PC

Make sure you have the "Tiles" option selected in the "View" tab.

Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly... [​IMG]

joeypent69, Jul 3, 2022
  4. Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...

External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...

1. Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly... - Similar Threads - Accidentally turned mid

2. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install: I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I cancelled it and tried again but it said that I had insufficient space on my computers storage and the taken up space matches...
  3. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install: I tried to download a game on my PC through the Xbox store after the clearing the necessary space for it but halfway through the download stopped so I cancelled it and tried again but it said that I had insufficient space on my computers storage and the taken up space matches...
  4. The Xbox store on my PC has taken up storage for a game that failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Space drive accidentally wasn't connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space drive accidentally wasn't connected.: I have a two-drive pool set to mirror. One of the drives was accidentally disconnected somehow for about a month. I now have a drive that is missing a number of files.I have tried resetting the drive that has files missing but keep getting an error "configuration database...
  6. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  7. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  8. Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally turned of PC mid-game installation, now storage space is taken up by seemingly...: I forgot I was installing Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC last night and turned it off. Only realised this morning that it was a bad idea. Thought that the installation would remove the files, but all of the space that would have been taken up by Motorsport 7 was already taken...
  9. Space taken up by a game that I don't have

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space taken up by a game that I don't have: I started downloading a game and during the process i canceled the download and when I checked my storage 18GB of data was being taken up. I checked my file and emptied my recycling bin and the storage was still being taken up....
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up: I was trying to upgrade my windows 7 computer to windows 10 from a USB, then the installation failed due to error 0xC1900101 0x20017. I restarted my computer to try to install windows 10 again but now I dont even have enough space. My drive had 12GB free and now it only has...