Windows 10: Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut

Discus and support Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to change the backlights for my hp omen 15 and somehow hit a shortcut that disabled my keyboard. Does anyone know how to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_this_is_what_, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut

Hello, I was trying to change the backlights for my hp omen 15 and somehow hit a shortcut that disabled my keyboard. Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/_this_is_what_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_this_is_what_, Nov 23, 2020

2. Keyboard Shortcuts

Hi Richard,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

This could be an issue due to sticky keys that might be turned on. It could also be a hardware issue with the keyboard.

We need more information to help you better.

1) Is this issue specific while working on a particular application or program on the computer?

2) What is the Make and Model of the computer/keyboard?

First of all, to check if it’s a hardware issue with the keyboard. Check if the keys are working when you test the issue with a different keyboard.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if you can fix the issue.

Method 1:

I would suggest you check if the Sticky keys are turned on. If they are turned on, turn them off and test the issue. Follow the steps:

• Open Desktop.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Ease of Access.

• Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.

• Uncheck the box which says “Turn on Sticky keys”.

• Click on Apply
      and then on OK.
    Check if it fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you check if you are able to use the keyboard using an On-Screen keyboard. Refer to the below steps to use the on screen keyboard.

• Open Desktop.

• Press Windows + I keys to open the Settings menu.

• Select Ease of access from the settings menu.

• Click on keyboard from the left navigation pane on the Ease of access settings menu.

• Turn on the On screen keyboard from the right hand side
    If the issue still persists, proceed to the next method.

Method 3:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 23, 2020
  3. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut

Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut

1. Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut - Similar Threads - Accidentally turned off

2. Disable audio keyboard shortcut's light doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable audio keyboard shortcut's light doesn't turn off: Today I woke up and turned on my laptop and notices the disable audio was on so I tried using the keyboard button and the sound un-muted but the orange light stayed....
  3. Disable audio keyboard shortcut's light doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable audio keyboard shortcut's light doesn't turn off: Today I woke up and turned on my laptop and notices the disable audio was on so I tried using the keyboard button and the sound un-muted but the orange light stayed....
  4. Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable: I have a Windows 11. I accidentally brushed over the keyboard with my arm and pushed a lot of buttons at once - not hard and none are stuck. However, noe everytime I press either . or , the simple buttons alone without ctrl or windows logo key, it activates the search...
  5. Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable

Accidental keyboard shortcuts - how to disable: I have a Windows 11. I accidentally brushed over the keyboard with my arm and pushed a lot of buttons at once - not hard and none are stuck. However, noe everytime I press either . or , the simple buttons alone without ctrl or windows logo key, it activates the search...
  6. Turn off shortcut keys

Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  7. I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts: I was playing a game and have to press f3 to open the debug menu, but instead in increased my volume. i clicked all of the other keys and they did things i didnt want to do. i got frustrated and searched through the entire settings. Whenever I tried to search, it would tell...
  8. How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Turn off custom-set keyboard Shortcut: Hello! I had set 'Num-1' as a shortcut for launching 'Chrome'. However, I want to unset the same. Please Help Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-custom-set-keyboard-shortcut/12f049c2-e285-4769-8647-c36ea105fa88
  9. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Listening Mode Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally turned off number keys windows 10

2. accidentally deactivated my laptop keyboard with hotkeys windows 10

3. accidentally disabled keyboard