Windows 10: Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode

Discus and support Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did installed May quality update 2 weeks ago (May 12, 2021). Just now, after I did accidentally uninstalled latest quality on the recovery mode, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by f23948, May 24, 2021.

1. f23948 Win User

Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode

I did installed May quality update 2 weeks ago (May 12, 2021). Just now, after I did accidentally uninstalled latest quality on the recovery mode, when i check for updates, why there is no May quality update? I am using Windows 10 version 1809 Enterprise LTSC

:)

f23948, May 24, 2021
  2. docfreed Win User

Cannot Uninstall Latest Quality Update (KB4556799)

Running Win 10 Home, Version 1909 on Acer Aspire A515-43

When I go to Settings>Update History>Select Update I can see and highlight the update but there is no uninstall
    option!
    So I start in advanced startup mode - I can select the Uninstall latest Quality update option and get the message
    "Sorry, we ran into a problem and cannot uninstall the latest quality update" message

How can I uninstall the update (and more important, why can't I uninstall using routine methods)
    TIA

docfreed, May 24, 2021
  3. Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say "safe mode has limited options and they don't seem to work", are you able to boot the computer to the desktop in Safe mode?

If you are able to boot the computer in Safe mode, then proceed with the clean boot steps as suggested previously.

If you are still facing issues, then please reply with more information so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 24, 2021
  4. Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode

BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode

• Dell Latitude Laptop running Windows 10 1809 64 bit -
    • Went to shut down laptop last night (12 May around 11:30 UT) and immediately went to a BSOD KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and tried to restart.
    • Ended up in the Windows Recovery Environment suggesting a restart. Selecting restart just put me back in the Recovery Environment again - endless loop
    • Full power down and restart is the same.
    • In the Recovery Environment, selecting "Uninstall latest quality update" works but makes no difference.
    • "Uninstall latest feature update" fails. Can someone explain the difference between Quality and Feature updates?
    • "Reset my PC" with "Keep my files" fails.
    • Selecting the "Startup Settings' option and prompting a restart to access Safe Mode allows me to select a Safe Mode restart but then it retriggers the BSOD (same one) and dumps me back in the Recovery Environment ... I can't get to Safe Mode.
    • Basically, I am locked out of the machine.
    I am suspicious that this may be related to the KB4551853 update (don't know the exact time of release) and that the BSOD has happened when you would normally get the "Update and Shutdown" banner. A complete rebuild
    with the loss of all my files is not the absolute end of the world but would make me REALLY unhappy. Any help to avoid that would be appreciated.

SteveKerr2, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode

1. Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode - Similar Threads - Accidentally uninstalled latest

2. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalling the latest quality update..: After booting my hp laptop there was this loop saying repairing disk error this might take over an hour . So I tried uninstalling latest quality update , but not my pc is stuck for several hours in uninstalling latest quality update...
  3. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstalling the latest quality update..: After booting my hp laptop there was this loop saying repairing disk error this might take over an hour . So I tried uninstalling latest quality update , but not my pc is stuck for several hours in uninstalling latest quality update...
  4. uninstalling the latest quality update..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't uninstall latest quality update

Can't uninstall latest quality update: After an update some of my apps broke so I wanted to uninstall the latest quality update but it keeps telling me the password is incorrect even though I've checked and the password is correct. Also tried changing it and is still says the same thing. Any help?...
  6. Can't uninstall latest quality update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall latest quality update: After an update some of my apps broke so I wanted to uninstall the latest quality update but it keeps telling me the password is incorrect even though I've checked and the password is correct. Also tried changing it and is still says the same thing. Any help?...
  7. Uninstalling latest quality update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling latest quality update: My laptop had a windows update failure and it is not starting up. I wanted to uninstall latest quality update but it kept on saying that my password is incorrect. How to uninstall it? Please help....
  8. Uninstalling latest quality update

Uninstalling latest quality update: My laptop had a windows update failure and it is not starting up. I wanted to uninstall latest quality update but it kept on saying that my password is incorrect. How to uninstall it? Please help....
  9. Uninstalling latest quality update

10. Uninstall latest quality update loop

Uninstall latest quality update loop: Hi! Possibly due to an error during the latest update I had blackscreen when turning on the pc. I accessed safe-mode and tried to remove the updates, they weren't uninstalled after the restart. Through Settings app-Update & Security-Recovery-Advanced startup-Restart now, I...