Windows 10: Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver

Discus and support Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here are the series of events that happened. 1. My bluetooth headset, stopped working while being connected. I opened Bluetooth and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wazab265, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Wazab265 Win User

Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver

Here are the series of events that happened.

1. My bluetooth headset, stopped working while being connected. I opened Bluetooth and tried to disconnect it, but it wouldn't and instead showed " cannot disconnect device".

2. So I promptly turned off bluetooth and closed settings, but when I opened it back up, I could not find my Bluetooth on/off toggle.

3. I troubleshooted Bluetooth, it showed " Bluetooth radio unavailable/not foundI'm not sure". So I decided to next try uninstalling and reinstalling my driver.

4.Here is where things went out of track, I went into Device Manager and clicked uninstall on the only Bluetooth Driver Intel_Wireless Device.... As soon as I did that, it asked me to reboot , and I gave okay. After restarting, there is no Bluetooth tab in my device manager. I have no clue how to proceed further.

Here are my device specifications

Model: Dell LATITUDE E5440

:)

Wazab265, Oct 28, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth

In an effort to repair my Bluetooth connection after updating Windows 10, I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth. Now everything says the computer is not Bluetooth capable. I have already downloaded the manufacturer (HP) driver and tried to install, but
    Bluetooth is uninstalled so the driver won't update. Is there a way to reinstall Bluetooth without having to reinstall Windows 10?

BrianBailey4, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Ninjar98 Win User

Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth driver

Today my Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working. After I tried to troubleshoot myself, bluetooth is no longer appearing in the device manager. Here is what happened.

- My toggle button for Bluetooth in “Bluetooth and other devices” disappeared and all the devices said “Bluetooth is turned off”

- I began troubleshooting myself, tried restarting my computer (Dell Inspiron 3583), updating the drivers in device manager.

- Went to Dell’s website and downloaded the driver, ran it, and restarted my pc.

- While trying to fix the problem, I accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth driver (Qualcomm QCA9377) in device manager (right click, uninstall)

- Tried (windows key+R> services.msc> bluetooth support service > restart; bluetooth support service> properties> automatic >OK)

- Tried going through (Troubleshoot> bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter > Device does not have bluetooth> Check bluetooth capability detected)

- I reset my laptop (Dell Inspiron 3583) and kept the files, as a last resort to try to fix the problem and I still have no bluetooth in Device Manager (or bluetooth button). (After
    resetting I went back and tried all the things I mentioned above again)

- I notice in device manager that under my USB tab, there is an “Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). But I do not know if that is the same issue. I also went in
    and tried updating all my USB drivers (including that one).

I caught a screenshot of me uninstalling the bluetooth driver, right when I realized I was accidentally uninstalling it.

Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver cd677ac3-0454-46cd-9fb0-a5fe2f39d323?upload=true.png

I would really appreciate your help!

thanks

Ninjar98, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver - Similar Threads - Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth

2. Accidentally uninstalled the bluetooth software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally uninstalled the bluetooth software: I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2in1, I was trying to connect to my bluetooth headphones when my bluetooth stopped working. Even when I tried to "turn it back on" there was no option, in fact, when I ran the troubleshooter it said I don't even have bluetooth on my device. I tried...
  3. Accidentally uninstalled the bluetooth software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally uninstalled the bluetooth software: I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 2in1, I was trying to connect to my bluetooth headphones when my bluetooth stopped working. Even when I tried to "turn it back on" there was no option, in fact, when I ran the troubleshooter it said I don't even have bluetooth on my device. I tried...
  4. Accidentally uninstalled the bluetooth software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver: so this happened today when i was watching youtube and my computer ran into an error and another thung my pc ran into a error yesterday and today it might be because i downloaded a older graphics driver because a game i played was smooth before but now it started lagging and...
  6. Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth drivers, reinstalled with drivers from manufacturer's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth drivers, reinstalled with drivers from manufacturer's...: Title says pretty much all, couldn't find the option to enable bluetooth so I messed around with it in device manager and uninstalled it. Reinstalled my motherboards (MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC) bluetooth drivers from the website but when I go back into device manager...
  7. Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth Adapter

Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth Adapter: I accidentally uninstalled Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter while addressing connectivity issues. Now my laptop has no bluetooth capability after troubleshooting. How can I re-install it?...
  8. Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth driver

Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth driver: Today my Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working. After I tried to troubleshoot myself, bluetooth is no longer appearing in the device manager. Here is what happened. - My toggle button for Bluetooth in “Bluetooth and other devices” disappeared and all the devices...
  9. Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth

Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth: My bluetooth is completely gone. Formerly, I used a bunch of devices that required bluetooth. My PC and devices had no issues connecting. However, the icon went missing, and I followed a tech support instruction. I accidentally deleted the bluetooth in the hidden devices area...
  10. Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers

Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers: Hello. I woke up this morning to find that the sound on my laptop was not working at all so I decided to reset the sound drivers. I followed instructions I got from...