Windows 10: Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter

Discus and support Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so I have a Surface 7 pro and I was trying to watch something online. I realized my brightness was high and when I tried to turn it down it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshleeBryan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter

Okay so I have a Surface 7 pro and I was trying to watch something online. I realized my brightness was high and when I tried to turn it down it didn't work. I was looking online to fix this and nothing was working, I tried to follow this tutorial: https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12682-how-to-fix-screen-brightness-control and ended up uninstalling my display adapter. I tried to follow the steps to reinstall but I keep getting met with the image below, I'd love any help I can to fix it. As of right now, my screen is super zoomed out and it's driving me crazy that I can't fix this.

Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter 8c206420-8f9d-43f8-be8e-fe16f2ea67e1?upload=true.jpg

:)

AshleeBryan, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 13, 2020
  3. botanrice Win User
    Manually uninstalling network adapter results in no boot

Hi. I have an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop that was not connecting to any Wi-Fi networks. I tried some previous steps I had taken in the past to no avail, then used my phone to search for some solutions which led me to the suggestion to uninstall my network adapter.

I believe that this is where I made a mistake. I uninstalled a Qualcomm adapter, which I believe was the correct one. I also have installed a Virtual Machine application called Virtual Box that had some adapters listed there - figured I'd uninstall those
    as well since the diagnostic report while trying to connect to the wi-fi had those listed. I also uninstalled another item listed under network adapters - I can't remember exactly what it was. Perhaps that was my problem? Regardless, my understanding was that
    Windows would re-install any adapter that was missing on a system restart.

However, now my laptop won't boot. It loads to the "Acer" screen with the rotating icon and now brings me to "Automatic Repair." I've tried restarting again, "continue" to windows 10 and running diagnostics on my system startup but none has worked - it still
    seems to get stuck on the boot screen for ~20+ minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions or could offer any help? I understand a system reset may be in order here - but if there's a possible solution without doing that then I'd be interested.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-

botanrice, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter

1. Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter - Similar Threads - Accidentally uninstalled dispaly

2. Can't connect to Microsoft wireless Dispaly adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to Microsoft wireless Dispaly adapter: I don't know why but I can't connect my laptop to a projector while using Microsoft wireless adapter to project it on screen.It works perfectly fine on old dell laptop, and dell new laptop but not the one that we recently purchased. I installed all required drivers, from...
  3. Can't connect to Microsoft wireless Dispaly adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Microsoft wireless Dispaly adapter: I don't know why but I can't connect my laptop to a projector while using Microsoft wireless adapter to project it on screen.It works perfectly fine on old dell laptop, and dell new laptop but not the one that we recently purchased. I installed all required drivers, from...
  4. Can't connect to Microsoft wireless Dispaly adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. network adapter accidentally uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter accidentally uninstalled: i accidentally uninstalled my wifi network adapter and have no idea on how to reinstall it, please can someone help? ive tried using google and youtube. nothing works, thanks....
  6. network adapter accidentally uninstalled

network adapter accidentally uninstalled: i accidentally uninstalled my wifi network adapter and have no idea on how to reinstall it, please can someone help? ive tried using google and youtube. nothing works, thanks....
  7. network adapter accidentally uninstalled

8. Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth Adapter

Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth Adapter: I accidentally uninstalled Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter while addressing connectivity issues. Now my laptop has no bluetooth capability after troubleshooting. How can I re-install it?...
  9. Accidental uninstall my dvd application

Accidental uninstall my dvd application: I am unable to play my Windows DVD Player because I accidentally uninstall my dvd. I had experience not able to use it and thought of uninstalling it would help, but made it worse....
  10. Accidental uninstalls

Accidental uninstalls: I have a new install of 10 Pro & while customizing, rearranging & learning/testing new files & apps, I accidentally uninstalled the games Magic Kingdom & Hidden ???. W/o doing a complete reinstall of the OS, how do I get these 2 games back; they looked interesting. 98930