Windows 10: accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

Discus and support accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . so my keyboard isn't working. I have tried all means to get it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TimKoech, Jan 19, 2022.

1. TimKoech Win User

accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

I accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . so my keyboard isn't working. I have tried all means to get it back including restarting my pc and haven't succeeded. kindly need your help .

:)

TimKoech, Jan 19, 2022

2. More than one listing in Device Manager

In addition to the resolution, we suggest that you uninstall both keyboard drivers from the
    Device Manager of your PC, and then restart your device to automatically reinstall the appropriate keyboard driver on your computer. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and then press
      Enter.
    • Expand the Keyboard section, right-click on the device driver, and then select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • Uninstall both drivers.
    • Once you’re done, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 19, 2022
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 19, 2022
  4. accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

1. accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . - Similar Threads - accidentally uninstalled keyboard

2. Uninstall drivers that are not in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall drivers that are not in Device Manager: Hi all,I can't find how I can uninstall/remove drivers from devices that are no longer in Device Manager.Windows update manager keeps saying I need to update Brother drivers but I don't have a Brother printer anymore....
  3. Uninstall drivers that are not in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall drivers that are not in Device Manager: Hi all,I can't find how I can uninstall/remove drivers from devices that are no longer in Device Manager.Windows update manager keeps saying I need to update Brother drivers but I don't have a Brother printer anymore....
  4. Uninstall drivers that are not in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Accidentally deleted and lost the Fingerprint Driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted and lost the Fingerprint Driver in Device Manager: Hello,So I was fixing Facial Recognition On my Windows 11, But I saw a Website that says you need to delete the Camera and the Fingerprint Driver and Restart after that, But then the website says Recover the Camera and Fingerprint driver, I was hopefully able to Restore the...
  6. Accidentally deleted and lost the Fingerprint Driver in Device Manager

Accidentally deleted and lost the Fingerprint Driver in Device Manager: Hello,So I was fixing Facial Recognition On my Windows 11, But I saw a Website that says you need to delete the Camera and the Fingerprint Driver and Restart after that, But then the website says Recover the Camera and Fingerprint driver, I was hopefully able to Restore the...
  7. accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .: I accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . so my keyboard isn't working. I have tried all means to get it back including restarting my pc and haven't succeeded. kindly need your help ....
  8. accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .: I accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . so my keyboard isn't working. I have tried all means to get it back including restarting my pc and haven't succeeded. kindly need your help ....
  9. Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager

Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager: Ok so I was trying to fix my bluetooth since it suddenly just went off and I couldnt find it in the tab, long story short I accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager and now I need help trying to fix this thanks in advance if someone would answer Laptop is a...
  10. Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager

Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager: Hi, I have purchased a Bluetooth dongle from tplink UB400, this device is just plug and play for windows 10 and does not require drivers. In an attempt to change a setting i uninstalled everything under Bluetooth in device manager, now this device is no longer working. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I uninstalled my keyboard driver and now I cant find it in control panel