Windows 10: Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers

Discus and support Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I woke up this morning to find that the sound on my laptop was not working at all so I decided to reset the sound drivers. I followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LukeWelborn, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers

Hello. I woke up this morning to find that the sound on my laptop was not working at all so I decided to reset the sound drivers. I followed instructions I got from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/948187/a-device-driver-is-not-installed-or-a-hardware-device-does-not-functio and uninstalled it, expecting that after a restart, the sound driver would be reinstalled. I restarted, checked device manager, and the sound driver was not there. So I restarted again, still not there. Any solution to this? Thanks

:)

LukeWelborn, Oct 13, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Uninstalling A Driver

Hello Zainab,

Issue as such may occur if your device is under a controlled or restricted network. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we’d like to know if your device is connected to a domain run by an organization.

As an alternative, we suggest that you follow the steps below to uninstall driver:

• In the Search box, type Programs
      and Features and press
      Enter
    • Locate the driver that you want to uninstall.
    • Right-click on the driver that you want install and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers

Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers

1. Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers - Similar Threads - Accidentally uninstalled sound

2. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  3. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  4. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver: so this happened today when i was watching youtube and my computer ran into an error and another thung my pc ran into a error yesterday and today it might be because i downloaded a older graphics driver because a game i played was smooth before but now it started lagging and...
  6. Accidentally uninstalled Windows Hello Face driver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidentally uninstalled Windows Hello Face driver: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 laptop which has an Integrated IR Camera. Assuming after a recent update, the Windows Hello Face stopped working. On trying out the quick fixes suggested, I accidentally uninstalled the Windows Hello Face Recognition driver. I can no longer see the...
  7. Realtek Audio Driver Accidentally uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Driver Accidentally uninstalled: I was trying to reinstall my realtek audio driver but I accidentally completely uninstalled it, I found a 5 year old thread on the topic but the link from the answer is now not working, my laptop is a dell inspiron 15 5568 windows 10, if you need more information about it...
  8. Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver

Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver: Here are the series of events that happened. 1. My bluetooth headset, stopped working while being connected. I opened Bluetooth and tried to disconnect it, but it wouldn't and instead showed " cannot disconnect device". 2. So I promptly turned off bluetooth and closed...
  9. Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth driver

Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth driver: Today my Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working. After I tried to troubleshoot myself, bluetooth is no longer appearing in the device manager. Here is what happened. - My toggle button for Bluetooth in “Bluetooth and other devices” disappeared and all the devices...
  10. Accidental uninstalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental uninstalls: I have a new install of 10 Pro & while customizing, rearranging & learning/testing new files & apps, I accidentally uninstalled the games Magic Kingdom & Hidden ???. W/o doing a complete reinstall of the OS, how do I get these 2 games back; they looked interesting. 98930

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i uninstalled a sound driver and couldnt install it back

2. i accidentally uninstalled sound

3. remove sound driver install accidentally

4. accidentally unistalled sound driver,
  5. accidentally uninstalled sound driver