Windows 10: Accidentally unzipping large file on starting screen results in issues

Discus and support Accidentally unzipping large file on starting screen results in issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few hours ago I accidently unzipped a large file on the starting screen and a bunch of files completely filled the entire screen. Everything is fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TangoMangle, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Accidentally unzipping large file on starting screen results in issues

A few hours ago I accidently unzipped a large file on the starting screen and a bunch of files completely filled the entire screen. Everything is fine but now I can't see any icons on the starting screen, but everything works completely fine, besides File Explorer, Google Chrome, And The Control Panel. I am running the computer on Windows 10, and I have already restored the computer to about three days ago, but it didn't affect any files on the starting screen. Please give advice on how to fix this.

:)

TangoMangle, Jun 18, 2020

2. Accidentally unzipping large file on starting screen results in issues

A few hours ago I accidently unzipped a large file on the starting screen and a bunch of files completely filled the entire screen. Everything is fine but now I can't see any icons on the starting screen, but everything works completely fine, besides File Explorer, Google Chrome, And The Control Panel. I am running the computer on Windows 10, and I have already restored the computer to about three days ago, but it didn't affect any files on the starting screen. Please give advice on how to fix this.

TangoMangle, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Accidentally unzipping large file on starting screen results in issues

Hello @TangoMangle,
    Welcome to TenForums! *Thumbs

I don't quite follow what the problem is!

Do you mean this? => How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Jun 19, 2020
  4. spunk Win User

Accidentally unzipping large file on starting screen results in issues

Browse to C:\Users\YourUserName\Desktop. Select all the files on the desktop that are part of the Unzipped folder and Cut them. then, Right click inside the Desktop folder and create a new folder, name it what you will. Right click inside this new folder and Paste the Cut files into this folder.

spunk, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Accidentally unzipping large file on starting screen results in issues - Similar Threads - Accidentally unzipping large

2. Unzipped a large folder to my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unzipped a large folder to my desktop: Hi, I accidentally unzipped a very large folder onto my desktop which is a lot of files, and now I can't use anything on my computer, totally bogged down and crashes any time I click, any way to fix this? I don't want to lose any files...
  3. Unzipped a large folder to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unzipped a large folder to my desktop: Hi, I accidentally unzipped a very large folder onto my desktop which is a lot of files, and now I can't use anything on my computer, totally bogged down and crashes any time I click, any way to fix this? I don't want to lose any files...
  4. Unzipped a large folder to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unzipping files

in Windows 10 Customization
    unzipping files: My former computer does not show a default app for unzipping folders. My new one came with the lovely 7 zip and I am HATING how it doesn't work. When I click on a zipped folder or file or whatever you want to call it, I use to be able to open a new window to choose where it...
  6. unzip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unzip files: I can not upzip a downloaded file. Keeps saying access denied, I've tried everything in the help sections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-files/6718138b-32bc-4ec5-b623-4ddf16bbd427
  7. Unzipping files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unzipping files: I want to use my nintendo switch pro controller, I’ve tried with 3 different programs, but they’re all zipped and i simply don’t know how to unzip them. I’ve extracted them but in the extracted file there’s still no .exe, so i can’t run the program What do i do? submitted by...
  8. Unzipping files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unzipping files: Somehow late last night while trying to load files from my old desktop to my new Samsung laptop I inadvertently changed the app it uses to unzip to PerfectExpert. At least I think that is what happened. I went to Settings>apps>default apps and found the app name; i.e....
  9. Unzipping password protected Zip files issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Unzipping password protected Zip files issue: I've been trying to find a definitive answer to this question on the internet but can't seem to find one! Can you unzip a password protected Zip file in Windows 10 without using third-party software? The reason for asking is because a colleague of mine is sending these zip...
  10. unzip a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    unzip a file?: How can I unzip a file? I don't have a compressed folder just a zipped file. If I double click on it I get garbage. Anyone knows how I can read my .zip file? 29484