Windows 10: Accidentally used the same windows disc twice

Discus and support Accidentally used the same windows disc twice in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i was just installing windows on a virtual machine but i wasnt thinking and used the disc for that VM. Now my windows says that it isnt genuine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yusuf.7, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Yusuf.7 Win User

Accidentally used the same windows disc twice

So i was just installing windows on a virtual machine but i wasnt thinking and used the disc for that VM.

Now my windows says that it isnt genuine.

Is there anything i can do?

:)

Yusuf.7, Apr 16, 2020

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Files waiting to be written to disc

Hi,

The Files waiting to be written to disc error occurs when the files that you're trying to burn are accidentally placed on the driver that is used by the disc burner, or when attempting to burn a disc fails. To resolve this, we suggest
    that you delete the temporary files to be burned as these files could be conflicting the process of burning the files that you want.

Here are the steps:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R simultaneously.
    • Type shell:cd burning, and then press Enter
      to open the Temporary Burn Folder.
    • Delete all the files in the Temporary Burn Folder folder.
    • Restart the PC.
    • Attempt to finish burning the CD.

Note: In the event that some files in Temporary Burn folder won't delete, restart the PC, and then try the procedure again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Patricia Yu, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Hello Bruce, and welcome to Ten Forums. Accidentally used the same windows disc twice :)

If you use OPTION ONE or step 2 in OPTION TWO, it won't be listed twice, but it won't include the sort order fix.

If you use step 3 in OPTION TWO, it will be listed twice, but will include the sort order fix.

Brink, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Accidentally used the same windows disc twice - Similar Threads - Accidentally used same

2. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  3. Windows twice in the same Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows twice in the same Directory: It is normal to have Windows showing in the Explorer twice in the same Directory? Here's a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-twice-in-the-same-directory/64d0752a-01d6-4c75-8aac-5c6508b8d7a0
  4. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ordered Windows twice: I accidentally ordered Windows 10/11 Pro twice.When looking in the order history - https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders?refd=account.microsoft.comThere is no option available to cancel or refund the order....
  5. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

Accidentally ordered Windows twice: I accidentally ordered Windows 10/11 Pro twice.When looking in the order history - https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders?refd=account.microsoft.comThere is no option available to cancel or refund the order....
  6. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. OneDrive, accidentally subscribed twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive, accidentally subscribed twice: I was upgrading / renewing my onedrive subscription, but after i entered my credit card information and it said i was approved. Yet when I went to look at my files and check in on the onedrive app, it still said i was over my storage and not registered/subscribed for more...
  8. OneDrive, accidentally subscribed twice

OneDrive, accidentally subscribed twice: I was upgrading / renewing my onedrive subscription, but after i entered my credit card information and it said i was approved. Yet when I went to look at my files and check in on the onedrive app, it still said i was over my storage and not registered/subscribed for more...
  9. Using the same product key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the same product key twice?: I've been thinking of making a new PC using Windows 10. I have a laptop that was once running Windows 7, but then got the free update to Windows 10 a couple years ago. Would I be able to transfer the Windows 10 key to a different computer and make it activated? If so, how?...
  10. Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?: My original boot drive died so I have to buy a new one. Can I use my old key on a new drive? It will be in the same PC. submitted by /u/JaquariousLaFonte [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frmmcz/can_i_used_the_same_windows_10_key_twice/