Windows 10: Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed!

Discus and support Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had a lot of issues today and yesterday, had troubles with the bootloader so I tried a few things and figured out I needed to convert my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EddoWagt, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed!

I've had a lot of issues today and yesterday, had troubles with the bootloader so I tried a few things and figured out I needed to convert my system reserved partition to MBR so I could continue,

Using This guide, I tried to clean my Partition 1 (the system reserved). But this clean out the ENTIRE DRIVE, so now all my data is gone... Is there a way to recover this? It was an SSD

All tutorials on the internet require some paid recovery program and a working operating system...

submitted by /u/EddoWagt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EddoWagt, Jan 25, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed! :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 25, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed!

Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed! :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed! :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed!

1. Accidentally wiped entire ssd, help needed! - Similar Threads - Accidentally wiped entire

2. Entire Documents folder wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire Documents folder wiped: Hi. After restarting my PC, my entire Documents folder has been wiped, losing 20 GB of my project files. Was there a reason for this happening? I hadn't touched it and it just vanished. It wasn't hidden and I wasn't in a temporary user account. Using data recovery software...
  3. Entire Documents folder wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entire Documents folder wiped: Hi. After restarting my PC, my entire Documents folder has been wiped, losing 20 GB of my project files. Was there a reason for this happening? I hadn't touched it and it just vanished. It wasn't hidden and I wasn't in a temporary user account. Using data recovery software...
  4. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  5. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  6. Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?: Hello. I need to wipe my SSD because I cannot boot into windows. I have tried everything but I still cannot boot into windows. So I am planning to wipe my SSD clean. Can I still reactivate windows 10 pro after wiping my SSD? I still have the product key.Thank You....
  7. Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?: Hello. I need to wipe my SSD because I cannot boot into windows. I have tried everything but I still cannot boot into windows. So I am planning to wipe my SSD clean. Can I still reactivate windows 10 pro after wiping my SSD? I still have the product key.Thank You....
  8. Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to wipe SSD. Will windows still be activated?: Hello. I need to wipe my SSD because I cannot boot into windows. I have tried everything but I still cannot boot into windows. So I am planning to wipe my SSD clean. Can I still reactivate windows 10 pro after wiping my SSD?Thank You....
  9. wipe ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wipe ssd?: I like to reinstall windows every now and then to make it fresh again, a few months ago I bought the Western Digital SN750 NVMe M.2 SSD. When I tried to wipe it using the bootable usb thumb drive I created in the WD Dashboard non of the operations worked (sanitize, format and...
  10. Wiping SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping SSD: My computer's not working right now, so I'm planning on wiping my ssd can fresh installing windows 10, if I were to wipe it, would I be able to use the same windows product key again? submitted by /u/JEEL13 [link] [comments]...