Windows 10: Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition

Discus and support Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to fix why my computer wasn't booting after removing a drive and ended up wiping my System partition. I possibly know two steps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A Sellers, Dec 20, 2019.

1. A Sellers Win User

Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition

Hello,

I was trying to fix why my computer wasn't booting after removing a drive and ended up wiping my System partition. I possibly know two steps forward and was wondering which of them to move forward with.

1. Is it possible to create another windows boot manager where the old one was deleted?

2. I know it is possible to create a bootable USB and recover the data that is needed and then reinstall windows. What would you recommend and how would I go about creating it?

My issue is fairly similar to one posted here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...tion-how/181745f9-3303-4968-9851-5c213db9c89c

Thanks.

:)

A Sellers, Dec 20, 2019
  2. ati.bob Win User

Best/Prefered Partition & Boot Manager

I prefer 3rd party partitioning/boot manager software... *Wink Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition ;)

ati.bob, Dec 20, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Best/Prefered Partition & Boot Manager

linux' boot manager (grub) can boot any partitions
    windows can boot any partitions too .. google for diskpart

W1zzard, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Saltgrass Win User

Accidentally deleted Windows 10 boot partition. How do I restore it?

The partitions you are showing are normal Win 10 partitions. The System partition is where the boot files should be.

Have you checked your Bios to make sure the Windows Boot Manager is listed first in the boot options?

You say you deleted the partition, but it is still there. Did you wipe it as opposed to removing it?

Saltgrass, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition - Similar Threads - Accidentally wiped boot

2. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot after partition management: Hello, on Windows 10 I recently used "Resize-C/IM-Magic partition resizer" to move my C: drive partition to the left where there was about 500mb of unallocated space. To apply the change it required a reboot, I was then going to extend the partition through Disk Management...
  3. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot after partition management: Hello, on Windows 10 I recently used "Resize-C/IM-Magic partition resizer" to move my C: drive partition to the left where there was about 500mb of unallocated space. To apply the change it required a reboot, I was then going to extend the partition through Disk Management...
  4. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wiped partition recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiped partition recovery: Hi community, So i have a big issue and i need your help. Yesterday i wanted to install win 11 on my laptop. I did the bootable usb and it was in mbr mode. When i tried to install windows it said that disc partition was in gpt. And i converted disc to mbr but in order to...
  6. Wiped partition recovery

Wiped partition recovery: Hi community, So i have a big issue and i need your help. Yesterday i wanted to install win 11 on my laptop. I did the bootable usb and it was in mbr mode. When i tried to install windows it said that disc partition was in gpt. And i converted disc to mbr but in order to...
  7. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.: Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk Manager showed the wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. Do you have any comments? My Windows 10 Version: 21H1...
  8. Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Manager shows wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data.: Hi TenForums: I wiped a backup drive with Wipe Drive software. I connected my "working drive" to the system with the clean drive connected also. Disk Manager showed the wiped (clean) drive to be partitioned with data. Do you have any comments? My Windows 10 Version: 21H1...
  9. accidentally deleted a windows partition

accidentally deleted a windows partition: Hi i was trying to merge a small partition with a much larger one, ( wish now I hadn’t bothered ) using Easeus partition manager. It warned me that the partition to be added had some problems and would be dangerous to proceed, so I chose cancel, but somehow it deleted the...
  10. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...