Windows 10: Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home)

Discus and support Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, since I have open shell, every program shows up, this was when i was searching for device manager and I accidentally clicked on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jailbreakisawesome95, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home)

So, since I have open shell, every program shows up, this was when i was searching for device manager and I accidentally clicked on the "BitLockerDeviceEncryption.exe" program. I'm scared to reboot and get prompted to type in a decryption key. Does the program even do anything in W10 home? Thanks!

submitted by /u/jailbreakisawesome95
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jailbreakisawesome95, Sep 24, 2020

2. Device Encryption vs Bitlocker

Hi David,

Since you would like to know more about Bitlocker and device encryption, we suggest that you check and review our advance support site about the overview of Bitlocker and device encryption on this

link

The overview provide details between the two programs that might help you to decide.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 24, 2020
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home)

Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

Better then to ask someone who's actually prepared to talk about it, like Dell...

https://www.dell.com/support/article...efault?lang=en

Thema:

Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home)

1. Accidentaly clicked on bitlocker device encryption (W10 home) - Similar Threads - Accidentaly clicked bitlocker

2. Bitlocker Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Device Encryption: Does bitlocker Device encryption change your recovery key each time you turn bitlocker on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-device-encryption/3283ade2-2838-48ca-b2e2-68b244410f96
  3. Accidentaly clicked preview update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentaly clicked preview update: Hello everyone, could you please help me to cancel ongoing update with preview build? I accidentaly clicked that and all i can do is just postpone it, is there a way to cancel it completely? I don't want my pc to get screwed, if anything goes wrong, i am not an IT, so i won't...
  4. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Split from this thread. Hi, I got similar issue. I turned off the encryption after I am being asked to provide the recovery key every time I boot the issue. After restarting the system, I couldn't find the encryption setting. I have the admin rights. But, how do I...
  5. Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption

Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption: We have just upgraded to SCCM 2006 and are testing the Bitlocker policies. We have successfully got fixed device encryption working but we are having real problems with Removable device encryption. With RD Encryption enabled, whenever I plug a USB device in it asks if I want...
  6. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 7570 laptop with windows 10 installed. Recently due to some issues a new hardrive was installed on the laptop so now it has 2 hardrives. However when I was booting up the hardrive that has my OS installed, it kept asking me for the Bitlocker key...
  7. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home: Hello, I am trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 on my Dell G5 laptop and I currently cannot do this because I am getting a message from Ubuntu to turn off BitLocker encryption in order to install the Ubuntu OS. My laptop currently has Windows 10 Home, so I...
  8. Windows Home -Device encryption

Windows Home -Device encryption: Hello,I would like to turn on Device encryption on my Laptop with TPM 2.0 chip,but I do not have this option in "Update and Security" In system info,Device Encryption Support shows "Elevation Required to View,instead Meets prerequisites...Where is problem ? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Device Encryption and BitLocker

Device Encryption and BitLocker: Hello MS Community! Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker? It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject...
  10. Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home: I haven't installed Windows 10 Home on my new system yet. I do not want to use Device Encryption (not to be confused with Bitlocker Drive Encryption, which isn't available on W10 Home). Not even with a "clear" key. My understanding is that Device Encryption requires the...