Windows 10: accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive

Discus and support accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I received an email from a colleague with an attachment. The attachment had the same name as a file that I had in my onedrive. When saved and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Geraldine 061012, Feb 12, 2020.

1. accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive

I received an email from a colleague with an attachment. The attachment had the same name as a file that I had in my onedrive.

When saved and prompted did I want to replace I agreed :

I tried to look at previous versions but no info and when I restored via settings it doesn't show me yesterdays date when I did it.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

Geraldine 061012, Feb 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 12, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive

1. accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive - Similar Threads - accidentaly copied replaced

2. OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.: Hi,I have a coding file I was working on that is saved to my school's OneDrive account/computer. In order to work on it at home, I synced my school OneDrive account with my home computer.After doing so, an older version of that file appeared, even though I worked on and saved...
  3. OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.: Hi,I have a coding file I was working on that is saved to my school's OneDrive account/computer. In order to work on it at home, I synced my school OneDrive account with my home computer.After doing so, an older version of that file appeared, even though I worked on and saved...
  4. Copying files from OneDrive

Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  5. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  6. Copying files from OneDrive

7. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File replaced with a older version on Onedrive: I had a spreadsheet called carton list on Onedrive and on the 22nd of march it got replace with a older version of the spreadsheet. How can I recover the newer copy. I have no backups....
  8. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

File replaced with a older version on Onedrive: I had a spreadsheet called carton list on Onedrive and on the 22nd of march it got replace with a older version of the spreadsheet. How can I recover the newer copy. I have no backups....
  9. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

10. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...