Windows 10: Accidentaly Deleted my Uninstall Registry Key for a downladed Program. HELP

Discus and support Accidentaly Deleted my Uninstall Registry Key for a downladed Program. HELP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello i accidentally deleted a programs uninstall key that i downloaded. it doesn't show where i can uninstall the program vortex under control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AWWW ITS WOLFY, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Accidentaly Deleted my Uninstall Registry Key for a downladed Program. HELP

Hello i accidentally deleted a programs uninstall key that i downloaded. it doesn't show where i can uninstall the program vortex under control panel or the registry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ and i keep getting an error when starting the program saying no Uninstall registry.

Is it possible i can restore / make a new Registry if that is even possible. also there is no way i can reset my PC unfortunately i don't have a back up because i don't have the HDD space to save a full backup of my PC.

this is the form that i used to see if it was actual deleted and i cant find it in the uninstall list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/want-to-uninstall-program-not-showing-on/22f85f0c-3062-49be-886f-8a823e5314d9

:)

AWWW ITS WOLFY, Sep 25, 2020
  2. asyntax Win User

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Deleting an uninstalled software

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to contact Python if they have any uninstaller, if yes, run the uninstaller package to get all the remnants of python removed completely from your computer.

If that does not help you may edit the registry and remove all the values for python. Follow the steps below to do so:

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
    Base:

322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • In the Open box, type regedt32, and then click
      OK.
    • In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    • In the left pane, click the Uninstall registry key, and then click
      Export on the File menu.
    • In the Export Registry File dialog box that appears, click
      Desktop in the Save in list, type uninstall in the
      File name box, and then click Save.
    • Each key listed under Uninstall in the left pane of Registry Editor represents a program that is displayed in the
      Currently installed programs list of the Add or Remove Programs tool. To determine which program that each key represents, click the key, and then view the following values in the details pane on the right:
      DisplayName: The value data for the DisplayName key is the name that is listed in Add or Remove Programs.

-and-

UninstallString: The value data for the UninstallString key is the program that is used to uninstall the program.
    • After you identify the registry key that represents the program that you removed but which is still displayed in the
      Currently installed programs list of Add or Remove Programs, right-click the key in the left pane of the
      Registry Editor window, and then click Delete.

Click Yes in response to the "Are you sure you want to delete this key and all of its subkeys?" message.
    • On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
    • Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click
      Add or Remove Programs

In the Currently installed programs list, verify that the program whose registry key you deleted is no longer listed.
    Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Accidentaly Deleted my Uninstall Registry Key for a downladed Program. HELP

How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Accidentaly Deleted my Uninstall Registry Key for a downladed Program. HELP

1. Accidentaly Deleted my Uninstall Registry Key for a downladed Program. HELP - Similar Threads - Accidentaly Deleted Uninstall

2. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A program deleted some programs Registry keys: Hi yesterday i installed a program called Iobit Uninstaller pro and uninstalled some programs through it. but after that i think it deleted the registries of some programs like Microsoft Word. because when i double click on word it does not open. but when i right click and...
  3. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A program deleted some programs Registry keys: Hi yesterday i installed a program called Iobit Uninstaller pro and uninstalled some programs through it. but after that i think it deleted the registries of some programs like Microsoft Word. because when i double click on word it does not open. but when i right click and...
  4. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Accidentaly deleted cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentaly deleted cmd: I accidentaly deleted command prompt from system 32 files is there anyway to copy it from a different pc and paste into the sys32 file mabey? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentaly-deleted-cmd/5ae24e61-15a7-4db0-8e9b-d87bc9994844
  6. Accidentaly deleted cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentaly deleted cmd: I accidentaly deleted command prompt from system 32 files is there anyway to copy it from a different pc and paste into the sys32 file mabey? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentaly-deleted-cmd/5ae24e61-15a7-4db0-8e9b-d87bc9994844
  7. Uninstalling a deleted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling a deleted program: I can't seem to uninstall an app i downloaded, this may be because I deleted it. Because ever since I did I have not been able to uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-deleted-program/fac20ac4-b13c-4457-9087-978edd0a3df2
  8. Deleted registry key

Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  9. deleted registry key

deleted registry key: i mistakenly deleted my windows update registry key, so i want to know how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-registry-key/2ac7e4bf-f806-4817-a978-89debefb6838
  10. Registry Key Deletion

Registry Key Deletion: I have a webcam that I can use on two other computers other than my main desktop. I know the problem are the Registry entires but when I try to delete Registry keys related to USB Webcams VID located in the following registry:...