Windows 10: Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this?

Discus and support Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So while trying to unlock an application with gpedit I accidentally restricted all applications including gpedit. I don’t know any way to solve this so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/speedpurge, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this?

So while trying to unlock an application with gpedit I accidentally restricted all applications including gpedit. I don’t know any way to solve this so I am asking for help if any one on this subreddit knows how to solve this.

submitted by /u/speedpurge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/speedpurge, Feb 26, 2021

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Feb 26, 2021
  3. rcfast Win User
    Help, I screwed up with gpedit

I was trying to restrict access on a computer for the primary login. I wanted to make it so that the only thing that could be accessed is one program. Well I managed to do this with gpedit, however I was under the impression that what you edited with gpedit only took effect on the name you are logged in under. I was wrong and it applied it to all the accounts including the two administrator accounts. So I have 2 questions, how can I reverse what I did, right now I can only access on program but nothing else. The second question is whats the right way to restrict everything but one program. Please help ASAP, there are going to be some angry people if I don't get this fixed soon.

rcfast, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this?

gpedit crashes with error "found an error in a snap-in"

Hi,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with gpedit, this issue might happens due to missing or corrupted system files.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this?

1. Accidentaly restricted all applications with gpedit. What can I do to solve this? - Similar Threads - Accidentaly restricted applications

2. what can i do to solve crash and auto reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i do to solve crash and auto reboot?: hello,i am tired of auto restarting and crashing windows also when i play some games i got a lot of crashes specially unity engine games. i tried to analyze the problem using the minidumps analyzer but i could not understand how it works so i will upload a file contains the...
  3. what can i do to solve crash and auto reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what can i do to solve crash and auto reboot?: hello,i am tired of auto restarting and crashing windows also when i play some games i got a lot of crashes specially unity engine games. i tried to analyze the problem using the minidumps analyzer but i could not understand how it works so i will upload a file contains the...
  4. what can i do to solve crash and auto reboot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What can i do to use all 8gb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What can i do to use all 8gb: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Murky0-1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xi83pq/what_can_i_do_to_use_all_8gb/
  6. What to restrict application for user to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to restrict application for user to use: Hi , I want to restrict user to use specific applications , just like the PC in public area such as library . I just found there are some way to do it - kiosk mode and applocker , just would like to ask what is the most common way to do it ? I hv learned how to setup kiosk...
  7. What to restrict application for user to use

in Windows 10 Support
    What to restrict application for user to use: Hi , I want to restrict user to use specific applications , just like the PC in public area such as library . I just found there are some way to do it - kiosk mode and applocker , just would like to ask what is the most common way to do it ? I hv learned how to setup kiosk...
  8. How do I get rid of this virus? "All Restricted applications?"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of this virus? "All Restricted applications?": I have a HP All-in-One 22-c0063w that I bought 1 and half months ago and caught a bad virus that completely took over my computer Stop code o000063A{?} message Just a few days ago I got the Windows 10 download to reset my computer. I got it and had CS representative guide...
  9. Cortana and what all can I do with it

in Cortana
    Cortana and what all can I do with it: My HP has already lost its touch screen and pretty much everything else that makes it worthwhile. Now maybe I can play with cortana a bit and see what I can do with it, any suggestions? I am beyond disgusted with my 1200$ laptop that is rendered useless none of the fun things...
  10. Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?: Everytime I run a program a window pops up "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" ? Its annoying. I want to add this application to the whitelist in Gpedit or Secpol or somewhere like that so the app can run without issues. What I've read so far is that I can...