Windows 10: Accidentlly Deleted Shut Down Button on Desktop

Discus and support Accidentlly Deleted Shut Down Button on Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The button on the desktop screen for shutting down the computer or putting into sleep or restart was accidentally deleted. How do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DennisKutzner, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Accidentlly Deleted Shut Down Button on Desktop

The button on the desktop screen for shutting down the computer or putting into sleep or restart was accidentally deleted. How do I get it back?

:)

DennisKutzner, Aug 15, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2019
  4. DonB6 Win User

Accidentlly Deleted Shut Down Button on Desktop

shut off button

I don't want to log off. That takes several more steps. I want to shut down. It use to have a list of things to hit but somehow change to sign off or lock. I want the shut down to reappear.

Rogue

DonB6, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Accidentlly Deleted Shut Down Button on Desktop

1. Accidentlly Deleted Shut Down Button on Desktop - Similar Threads - Accidentlly Deleted Shut

2. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  3. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  4. Shut Down button locks PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down button locks PC: I have a Windows 10 PC that I have been using for a few years. A few days ago, I tried to shut down my PC by clicking on Shut Down in the start menu.It went to the lock screen instead. Even the Power button on my CPU locks the PC for some reason.I have already set "Choose...
  5. Shut Down button locks PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut Down button locks PC: I have a Windows 10 PC that I have been using for a few years. A few days ago, I tried to shut down my PC by clicking on Shut Down in the start menu.It went to the lock screen instead. Even the Power button on my CPU locks the PC for some reason.I have already set "Choose...
  6. Shut Down button locks PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  8. ...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download: Hi I hope you are safe! I have an issue that seems to be a common issue but after searching, I can seem to find the answer. I accidentally renamed my Desktop icon Download. Now I have 2 Download icons - one with the correct download icon - the other with a Desktop...
  9. Desktop keeps "shutting down"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop keeps "shutting down": I have been experiencing a problem with the computer shutting down multiple times a day. Sometimes when I am using QuickBooks, sometimes when using the internet, Word and so one. When it restart the computer all the windows are saved when I open the programs again. Its only...
  10. Desktop randomly shuts down

Desktop randomly shuts down: I've been having this issue, where my computer will randomly lose power without warning(or at least that's what it acts like). I'm not sure what is causing it, but I tested the power supply with a multimeter and the voltage is well above the needed amount. when it happens, my...