Windows 10: Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer

Discus and support Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased an intel nuc and wanted to upgrade the OS to windows 10 pro. I bought a windows key and went to activate the Key on the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by neyugngnaoh, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer

I recently purchased an intel nuc and wanted to upgrade the OS to windows 10 pro. I bought a windows key and went to activate the Key on the computer. I'm using this NUC as a plex server so I was remoting into it from my desk top computer. I accidently activated the key on my desktop instead of the Nuc. Now I need to see if I can recover the original windows key from my desktop or not.

:)

neyugngnaoh, Aug 18, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 18, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 18, 2022
  4. skippy258 Win User

Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer

1. Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer - Similar Threads - Accidently activated window

2. Wrong activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong activation key: Hello everyone,I have bought Windows 10 Pro on USB with product key but the product key is invalid.There are some screenshots. This is my windows edition.After activation I got this error message. I know this error message tells that my product key is invalid.I try to find...
  3. Wrong activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong activation key: Hello everyone,I have bought Windows 10 Pro on USB with product key but the product key is invalid.There are some screenshots. This is my windows edition.After activation I got this error message. I know this error message tells that my product key is invalid.I try to find...
  4. Wrong activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong Activation Key: Hi, my name is Melwin. I have just purchased a WIndows Pro 10 N activation key from a company but, it doesn't work. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-activation-key/08df2c13-e36c-47d2-b529-d69cef438253
  6. Wrong Activation Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Activation Key: Hi, my name is Melwin. I have just purchased a WIndows Pro 10 N activation key from a company but, it doesn't work. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-activation-key/08df2c13-e36c-47d2-b529-d69cef438253
  7. Wrong Activation Key

8. Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer: I recently purchased an intel nuc and wanted to upgrade the OS to windows 10 pro. I bought a windows key and went to activate the Key on the computer. I'm using this NUC as a plex server so I was remoting into it from my desk top computer. I accidently activated the key on my...
  9. Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer

Accidently activated a window 10 key on the wrong computer: I recently purchased an intel nuc and wanted to upgrade the OS to windows 10 pro. I bought a windows key and went to activate the Key on the computer. I'm using this NUC as a plex server so I was remoting into it from my desk top computer. I accidently activated the key on my...
  10. Problem activating Windows 10 - Wrong product key with disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem activating Windows 10 - Wrong product key with disk: Help Please!! I purchased a copy of Windows 10 from Umart and it appears as if the product key supplied is the wrong one, preview of product key is completely different when checking on the computer. I have contacted Umart and they have said to contact Microsoft as they...