Windows 10: Accidently activated windows under an old latop

Discus and support Accidently activated windows under an old latop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i got a new laptop and didnt purchase windows as i can get education version for free as a student. minor question: i have got an education key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vxneji, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Vxneji Win User

Accidently activated windows under an old latop

So i got a new laptop and didnt purchase windows as i can get education version for free as a student.

minor question: i have got an education key but does that expire or something when i graduate ? will i have to buy windows again?

Although the activate windows did not appear until i installed some updates - got error about change of hardware i didnt change anything

then via the troubleshoot for hardware change i selected to activate my laptop, and activated it as an old laptop i thought it was this one the option was something along the lines of ' this is the device im currently using' I later realised this is one of my old laptops.

Now everything is fine on this laptop, Im wondering if I should just keep this home edition frm my old laptop or change product key and enter my education key.

Also does this deactivate the old laptop that i activated this new laptop under ?

:)

Vxneji, Sep 11, 2020
  2. daleMD. Win User

accidently put my google email instead of password to activate windows.

I accidently put my google email where i put my password to activate windows.

Changing the title

Old title – tt

New title –
    accidently put my google email instead of password to activate windows.

daleMD., Sep 11, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Accidently activated windows under an old latop

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Accidently activated windows under an old latop

1. Accidently activated windows under an old latop - Similar Threads - Accidently activated under

2. Activation accident error code: 0x80070520

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation accident error code: 0x80070520: I changed parts for the computer a couple of months ago. i have tried to reactivate windows many times but it doesn't work. When I make a troubleshoot, it gives an error code 0x80070520. I would appreciate any help....
  3. Activation accident error code: 0x80070520

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation accident error code: 0x80070520: I changed parts for the computer a couple of months ago. i have tried to reactivate windows many times but it doesn't work. When I make a troubleshoot, it gives an error code 0x80070520. I would appreciate any help....
  4. Bought a windows key with an old card by accident.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a windows key with an old card by accident.: So I went to the Microsoft store bought the windows 11 key and it automatically used my old card that doesn't exist and isn't apart of my bank anymore it charged me and I couldn't find the charge so did it again same process same thing got charged again after this I received...
  5. Bought a windows key with an old card by accident.

Bought a windows key with an old card by accident.: So I went to the Microsoft store bought the windows 11 key and it automatically used my old card that doesn't exist and isn't apart of my bank anymore it charged me and I couldn't find the charge so did it again same process same thing got charged again after this I received...
  6. Activation accident error code: 0x80070520

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation accident error code: 0x80070520: The Windows 11 Installation Assistant was giving me errors even though my laptop is fully compatible. I decided to refresh the activation in settings to see if that would solve the issue, but this has made things worse. When I gave up and hit cancel on the activation window,...
  7. Activation accident error code: 0x80070520

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation accident error code: 0x80070520: The Windows 11 Installation Assistant was giving me errors even though my laptop is fully compatible. I decided to refresh the activation in settings to see if that would solve the issue, but this has made things worse. When I gave up and hit cancel on the activation window,...
  8. Activation accident error code: 0x80070520

9. Acer latop crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer latop crashes: My Acer laptop crashes when the power lead is not in & battery shows over half full. I can be working away for around 20 to 40 minutes without the power lead & then it goes off altogether. However, when the power lead is in all the times it never crashes. Could you please...
  10. Windows Open Under Active Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Open Under Active Windows: If, for example, I click on a file in Explorer, the file opens under the existing window rather than on top as it normally does. This has been happening for several weeks. I've learned that it's an issue with Windows 7, but none of the fixes I've found online, which are...