Windows 10: Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...

Discus and support Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I accidently changed my admin account to a standard account in settings. Due to this I cannot uninstall apps, access chrome, and modify other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shaherun, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Shaherun Win User

Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...

Hi,

I accidently changed my admin account to a standard account in settings. Due to this I cannot uninstall apps, access chrome, and modify other things in settings. I am very frustrated! Can someone please help me!

By the way, 'family and other users' has disappeared from settings.

I am using a windows home edition PC. Can someone please help!

Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'... 9e7aed27-650b-46ed-987e-3825faa2f924?upload=true.jpg

:)

Shaherun, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Shaherun Win User

Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users' from settings.

Hi,

I accidently changed my admin account to a standard account in settings. Due to this I cannot uninstall apps, access chrome, and modify other things in settings. I am very frustrated! Can someone please help me!

By the way, 'family and other users' has disappeared from settings.

I am using a windows home edition PC. Can someone please help!

Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'... 9e7aed27-650b-46ed-987e-3825faa2f924?upload=true.jpg

Shaherun, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Change account from admin to standard

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that in order for you to be able to make changes in your PC, you will require your local account to be an
    Admin account instead of a Standard one. Changing the account to a Standard account will disable your ability to make any changes to your computer.

If you still wish to create a Standard Local Account, I suggest that you navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family and other Users. Here select the
    current username and click on the Change Account Type
    button and select Standard. This will automatically change your account from
    Admin to Standard, and you will not require to change the username and password.

In the event that you wish to change the username and password, I suggest that you make changes to the above sited first and then change your account to a
    Standard one from and Admin account.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...

admin & standard user accounts

Hi Pub Fan,

You can create a new user account on your computer and set is as an administrator. Follow the steps provided on this

page
    . Once you have added a new administrator account, you can change the account type of the original user profile to standard. You can also remove the password for the original account using the new one. Here are the steps:

• Sign in to the new user account.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user profile.
    • Select Change the password.
    • Without typing anything in the password fields, click on Change password.
    You will not lose any passwords for your internet sites after applying the changes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'... - Similar Threads - Accidently changed admin

2. Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?: When I was messing around in my settings I accidentally turned my account into a standers account without realizing it. I’m the only account on my computer and there is no admin account. Please help...
  3. Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change my standard user account back into an admin account?: When I was messing around in my settings I accidentally turned my account into a standers account without realizing it. I’m the only account on my computer and there is no admin account. Please help...
  4. Accidently changed administrator account to standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently changed administrator account to standard: I accidently changed my one and only administrator account to standard account. I tried most of the videos and ways in YouTube and other sites but they doesn't works. Plz help me ToT Windows 10...
  5. UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin: In our domain, user accounts are not Admins and Admin accounts have no access to the internet. Brilliant right? Except it makes it troublesome to install that software that requires both Admin rights AND internet access with the same account. My work-around for this has been...
  6. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  7. Family linked user account - Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family linked user account - Standard: I 'blocked' my sons' account temporarily. Attempting to bring it back, through Family settings, it shows as 'can sign in', allowed, however, his login option does not appear when trying to switch users. I have rebooted the system as well. I found a suggestion for an mmc...
  8. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  9. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  10. User admin account to make changes that show up in standard account?

User admin account to make changes that show up in standard account?: If I login to the administrator account to make changes, I naturally want any changes I make to appear in the standard user account since that is the one I am making changes for. Does this happen automatically or do I have to do something special to make sure it always works...