Windows 10: Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart

Discus and support Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there,I was solving some startup issues using cmd but I Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partition using diskpart. Now I have nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TEJASWIKAUSHIK, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart

Hey there,I was solving some startup issues using cmd but I Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partition using diskpart. Now I have nothing left, laptop is not detecting any os neither any disk, what should I do now?

:)

TEJASWIKAUSHIK, Nov 11, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 11, 2021
  3. ze ultimo Win User
    diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart

Cant merge Partitions

This.

Open an admin command prompt.

type

Code: diskpart[/quote] then

Code: list disk[/quote] then find your drive (look at the size of the drives listed)

then type

Code: sel disk x[/quote] (where 'x'x is your disks number)

then type

Code: clean[/quote] then in disk management (so you can work with a GUI) just right click on the now blank HDD and make a new partition.

Solaris17, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart

1. Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart - Similar Threads - Accidently cleaned HDD

2. clean whole 4tb hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean whole 4tb hdd: Hello ,I have a device which have 2hdd at 4tb. I want to clean the whole disk app? How much time it will take to clean it using diskpart clean all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-whole-4tb-hdd/43f61293-7f08-406a-a8f2-0235a9fe4243
  3. clean whole 4tb hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clean whole 4tb hdd: Hello ,I have a device which have 2hdd at 4tb. I want to clean the whole disk app? How much time it will take to clean it using diskpart clean all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-whole-4tb-hdd/43f61293-7f08-406a-a8f2-0235a9fe4243
  4. clean whole 4tb hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Diskpart Clean Accidents WWTTFF ?

Diskpart Clean Accidents WWTTFF ?: There are millions of "Clean" accidents in the world since Ms-DOS was invented 40 years ago,¿why Microsoft has Not Updated DISKPART in 40 years? to include a simple:¿Are you sure you want to Clean the whole Drive y/N ?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-DOSWWTTFF is Wrong with...
  6. Diskpart Clean Accidents WWTTFF ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart Clean Accidents WWTTFF ?: There are millions of "Clean" accidents in the world since Ms-DOS was invented 40 years ago,¿why Microsoft has Not Updated DISKPART in 40 years? to include a simple:¿Are You Sure you want to Clean the whole Drive y/N ?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-DOSWWTTFF is Wrong with...
  7. Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart

Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partitions using diskpart: Hey there,I was solving some startup issues using cmd but I Accidently cleaned my HDD hard disk whole partition using diskpart. Now I have nothing left, laptop is not detecting any os neither any disk, what should I do now?...
  8. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.: I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the OS Partition. The main reason I want to do it this way is because DiskPart can create an exact 30 GB Partition [ my OCD ] for...
  9. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001, i tried to clean...
  10. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it (it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001), i tried to clean...