Windows 10: Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it

Discus and support Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear friends, please I need urgent help. Last night my brother deleted the key of the Windows edition that I had already received when I bought my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akhil Jose, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it

Dear friends, please I need urgent help. Last night my brother deleted the key of the Windows edition that I had already received when I bought my new laptop. I was able to recover my home edition key of Windows by following the instructions given by "Time Lady" in this blog. Please advise me how to reactivate my Windows.

:)

Akhil Jose, Oct 9, 2022

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Oct 9, 2022
  3. Ernie San Win User
    edge clear history

We appreciate your patience. Have you tried clearing your temporary files and restart your computer? If not, we suggest the troubleshooting steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %temp%.
    • Hit Enter.
    • Press Ctrl A, to highlight everything.
    • Hit Delete.
    Let us know the result.

Ernie San, Oct 9, 2022
  4. Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it

Accidently cleared hosts.ics

Hello everyone, I accidently cleared every content in hosts.ics in Local Disk (CAccidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it :)/Windows/System32/drivers/etc

How do I restore it back or make a new one?

Helloewqxz, Oct 9, 2022
Thema:

Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it

1. Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it - Similar Threads - Accidently cleared key

2. i deactivites my window and now i am trying to reactivates it but it is not activating now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i deactivites my window and now i am trying to reactivates it but it is not activating now...: How to reactivate the deactive windows on window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deactivites-my-window-and-now-i-am-trying-to/85386a42-90c5-402c-a60a-e43dfda074c7
  3. i deactivites my window and now i am trying to reactivates it but it is not activating now...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i deactivites my window and now i am trying to reactivates it but it is not activating now...: How to reactivate the deactive windows on window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deactivites-my-window-and-now-i-am-trying-to/85386a42-90c5-402c-a60a-e43dfda074c7
  4. Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently cleared my windows key now i can't reactivate it: Dear friends, please I need urgent help. Last night my brother deleted the key of the Windows edition that I had already received when I bought my new laptop. I was able to recover my home edition key of Windows by following the instructions given by "Time Lady" in this blog....
  5. Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.: I have tried to reset windows completely, can't do it without admin permissions. The only account on the laptop is my current account. I've tried doing net user administrator /active:yes but just get "Access is denied". Can't use any administrator apps, can't partition my USB...
  6. My windows deactivated and I can't reactivate it.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows deactivated and I can't reactivate it.: Yesterday my widows windows 10 Home suddenly deactivated no warning about anything expiring. I have tried to activate it but I have had no luck. [ATTACH] The troubleshoot keeps giving me an error [ATTACH] Looking for any help that I can get....
  7. Major hardware change, and now can't reactivate my Windows 10?

Major hardware change, and now can't reactivate my Windows 10?: What do I do, since I had to have a major hardware change, and now can't reactivate my Windows 10? I am fully deaf and only use text, email, and when available chat. I can't make phone calls, without a 3rd party to assist as my ears, but that is a security risk, so for...
  8. Accidently cleared hosts.ics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidently cleared hosts.ics: Hello everyone, I accidently cleared every content in hosts.ics in Local Disk C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc How do I restore it back or make a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-cleared-hostsics/cb7c143d-7a58-4bcd-8732-405e55908148
  9. Now I can't activate my licence key.

Now I can't activate my licence key.: Now I can't activate my licence key. [IMG] Here is my licence key. There is noticeable thing that I am trying to active in same laptop and there was a pro type key already existing. Now what can I do now. Can I active a international global version windows with this key....
  10. New HD, Now Can't Reactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New HD, Now Can't Reactivate Windows 10: My HD failed, so did a clean install on a new hard drive. Windows says it can't activate. I clicked on that I had new hardware. Seems I did not use a Microsoft account when I originally installed. What can I do? Do I have to contact Microsoft? If so, how?...