Windows 10: accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!

Discus and support accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so I have a desktop microphone and it works fine, but 1 day I used an audio spliter connected mic (thinking I connected headphones) and I clicked do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ilankrumholz, Oct 5, 2018.

1. accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!

Ok so I have a desktop microphone and it works fine, but 1 day I used an audio spliter connected mic (thinking I connected headphones) and I clicked do not show again. Now I can't use my microphone. Any reply will be really appreciated. accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP! :)

What I use:

"Realtek HD audio manager".

"Windows 10"

"GTX 1050"

"Nvidia virtual audio device (wave extensible) (WDM)" <---- I don't know what this is.

My laptop:

"Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming"

hope I get a reply fast, Thanks!

:)

ilankrumholz, Oct 5, 2018

2. Dont Show This Message Again Please help ;0;

I bought a new logitech with mic headset, and my laptop only has 1 jack on it so I can only record the mic, or listen through the headphones at 2 different times, thats not the issue though.

(Bear in mind that my mic on the headset worked before this)

I plugged the speaker one in and accidently clicked "Do not show this message again" And that was the only way to choose which one I was using because it asked you - are you using the mic or the headphones. I dont know how to reverse that and uncheck it
    so that it does show the message again

Until then my mic is rendered useless

PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER

Pinkie_234, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

Sorry. right click on speaker in systray, click on playback. The "Sound" window opens. Click on Speakers tab, likely already there, click on your headset, assuming its plugged in, click on properties. In general tab it shows jack.

I suggested through speakers as you said mic did not show up on Recording tab.

Caledon Ken, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Zalert Win User

accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!

Help Accidently Disabled recording for mic

While attemping to fix something (irrelevent) i accidently disabled my Plantronics Gamecom 780 Mic

i was in the sound control panel (its called "sound" at the top left) in the tab, "recording" i ... double clicked the gamecom mic and ...

accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP! 538da201-25c5-4bf4-948c-0224e87b64ca.jpg

^This is AFTER i accidently disabled it

changed the "device usage" from "use this devise(enable)" to "dont use this device(disable)"

accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP! 0d1dd123-d11d-49de-8895-ae2ade00780d.jpg

Which Unexpectedly took the mic out of the recording tab(deleted it)

now all i have is the "frontMic" >"microphone" and "line in"<(Greyed out) my mic doesnt work at all now

if you have knowlage of how i can readd/reinstall the Plantronics Gamecom 780 mic back to my recording tab in sound control panel

if u need other pictures tell me

i have reset my computer,unplugged and replugged my headset and i Even tried to use my second plantronics gamecom 780 and it still wouldnt work

Zalert, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!

1. accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP! - Similar Threads - accidently connected mic

2. my speakers plug in and connect but headphones dont

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my speakers plug in and connect but headphones dont: when i plug my speakers in they work fine as an audio device but when i plug headphones in they dont connect at all. i know this is not a driver issue because i updated them already. please help me...
  3. my speakers plug in and connect but headphones dont

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my speakers plug in and connect but headphones dont: when i plug my speakers in they work fine as an audio device but when i plug headphones in they dont connect at all. i know this is not a driver issue because i updated them already. please help me...
  4. my speakers plug in and connect but headphones dont

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No mic and speaker access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mic and speaker access: i am using kali desktop GUI but my mic and speakers are not working. this is what it shows to me in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mic-and-speaker-access/28b77532-aa84-4aea-93c3-8cf98e470911
  6. Fail to connect the mic, speaker is connected

Fail to connect the mic, speaker is connected: Hi all, I have bought a "One Plus wireless bullet Z" for zoom classes. It was working just fine few days ago both mic and speaker was connected. But now both things only work when when it is connected to a phone. The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop....
  7. Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.

Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.: So I have a pair of beats headphones and wanted to use it as both my mic and and headphones for my new pc. However I in my input devices I saw that I only has "Stereo Mix" or "Mic in front panel Pink" which underneath is says "RealtekR Audio". I tried seeing if I got any...
  8. Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10: Hi all, We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences. The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone. The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the...
  9. HELP i accidently clicked on an ad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP i accidently clicked on an ad: Split from this thread. HELP i accidently clicked on an ad probably and i got this screen that came up and a voice that said i needed to take immediate action that my account was in jeopardy and to call the number in the screen. Mind you i couldn’t do anything on my screen....
  10. accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!

accidently connected mic as a speaker, and clicked dont show again HELP!: Ok so I have a desktop microphone and it works fine, but 1 day I used an audio spliter connected mic (thinking I connected headphones) and I clicked do not show again. Now I can't use my microphone. Any reply will be really appreciated. (: What I use: "Realtek HD audio...