Windows 10: Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.

Discus and support Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a new pc with a 480TB solid state drive. I decided to add a regular hard drive also for extra storage. I purchased a Western Digital Blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kordster, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Kordster Win User

Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.

I purchased a new pc with a 480TB solid state drive. I decided to add a regular hard drive also for extra storage. I purchased a Western Digital Blue 1TB drive. When I put it in the pc, Intel Rapid Storage Technology popped up. I had read the drive may need to be initialized so I thought this was what was happening. When it was done, it had created a recovery (RAID) drive from the new hard drive. I took the drive out and put it in another pc. It only showed up in the boot menu and said it was incompatible. How can I get the drive back to normal so I can use it as storage and not as a recovery drive?
    Please help. I can't figure out what to do.

:)

Kordster, Sep 30, 2018

2. create a recovery drive

If the steps provided did not work, we suggest that you save your important files using an external hard drive and then perform a clean install.

After doing a clean install, you may create a recovery drive.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.

1. Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive. - Similar Threads - Accidently created recovery

2. We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.: When I created my recovery drive the only drive available with the necessary space available was a removable hard drive. I ordered a new flash drive that was big enough and today I tried to create a new recovery drive. App comes up no problem but after checking my system for...
  3. We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't create a recovery drive when trying to create a NEW recovery drive.: When I created my recovery drive the only drive available with the necessary space available was a removable hard drive. I ordered a new flash drive that was big enough and today I tried to create a new recovery drive. App comes up no problem but after checking my system for...
  4. Accidently reformatted hard drive

Accidently reformatted hard drive: How can I re-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-reformatted-hard-drive/6ec8bc4d-6d70-43e8-8689-d1688888aa80
  5. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently reformatted hard drive: How can I re-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-reformatted-hard-drive/6ec8bc4d-6d70-43e8-8689-d1688888aa80
  6. accident with secondary hard drive

accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  7. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  8. Create external hard drive recovery drive

Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  9. Can I create recovery drive on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I create recovery drive on a hard drive: My primary drive on my desktop is an SSD, and I have an internal hard drive to backup my personal data. I also have an external hard drive. Two questions:First, can I create a recovery drive on either hard drive and not on a USB drive?Second, can I update the recovery drive...
  10. Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.: I purchased a new pc with a 480TB solid state drive. I decided to add a regular hard drive also for extra storage. I purchased a Western Digital Blue 1TB drive. When I put it in the pc, Intel Rapid Storage Technology popped up. I had read the drive may need to be initialized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidently created intel recovery drive