Windows 10: Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

Discus and support Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hemz, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Hemz Win User

Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile".

I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with .bak by removing .bak. That didnt work and another solution was to delete the one with .bak and rename the profilepath of the one without .bak to take me to the user account. I tried that but it turned out to be a mistake and now all my documents and files from that user are gone.

I tried to see if i could do a system restore but it says no restore points have been created.

Is there a way to recover this user?

:)

Hemz, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Hemz Win User

I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile".

I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with .bak by removing .bak. That didnt work and another solution was to delete the one with .bak and rename the profilepath of the one without .bak
    to take me to the user account. I tried that but it turned out to be a mistake and now all my documents and files from that user are gone.

I tried to see if i could do a system restore but it says no restore points have been created.

Is there a way to recover this user?

3. Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

Hi Hemz,

you may try to recover deleted file using third-party tools such as DMDE or Recuva. No warranty unfortunately.

Igor Leyko, Dec 16, 2019
  4. amd1234 Win User

accidentally deleted .bak user registry

Hi

I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile".

I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with .bak. that didnt work and another solution was to deleted the one with .bak and rename the profilepath of the one without bak to take me to the
    user account. I tried that but it turned out to be a mistake and now all my documents and files from that user name are gone.

Is there a way to recover this user registry/with my data?

Please help

amd1234, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit - Similar Threads - Accidently deleted bak

2. User profile service failed and there is no .bak file in regedit

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User profile service failed and there is no .bak file in regedit: Accidentally, I've changed the location of one of the user folders and that user did not have admin privileges. When I tried to switch accounts for entering that user's account "User Profile Service failed" error appears. But the windows also does not show my other account...
  3. User Profile Service failed and there is no .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Profile Service failed and there is no .bak file: Accidentally, I've changed the location of one of the user folders and that user did not have admin privileges. When I tried to switch accounts for entering that user's account "User Profile Service failed" error appears. But the windows also does not show my other account...
  4. .bak profile deleted using the regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .bak profile deleted using the regedit: hello..need help here.. i've deleted my .bak profile using the regedit..i thot it was the profile w/ error..leaving the temporary profile & using it now as the main profile..i can't system restore nor create one..what will i do..cant access the files of my computer. can i...
  5. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  6. Deleted .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted .bak file: Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm permanently locked out of my account and in some random one. I really don't want to lose my stuff and I just need a solution on how...
  7. I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident: The folder in question: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\Children Nothing has happened yet but I am sure if I restart my computer the thing will be busted, please help....
  8. Deleted User in regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted User in regedit: So yesterday my pc shut down randomly It think it was a blue screen of death or something like that and today when I loaded up I got into a temp user. It wasn't my first time,I had fixed it before. But instead of deleting the right user in regedit I deleted the one with...
  9. .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"
  10. Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit: I accidently deleted a registry key value located in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection. I was attempting to delete one that I had previously created earlier this evening for another attempted fix (AllowTelemetry). The deleted item...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recover regedit deleted profile .bak

2. deleted .bak files in reg

3. deleted .bak file from windows registry