Windows 10: Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

Discus and support Accidently deleted important UWP packages. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 2147483647_x86, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so it shows how bad Windows manages bloat and doesn't remove them. But then not knowing the naming of the packages, I deleted some packages like UI.XAML. Now a lot of Windows programs are broken. SFC and DISM restore health commands don't fix it. Seems like a Windows re-install is what I should do, but I don't have the time

:)

2147483647_x86, Feb 24, 2024
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 24, 2024
  4. csatennis Win User

Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

1. Accidently deleted important UWP packages. - Similar Threads - Accidently deleted important

2. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently deleted important UWP packages.: I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so...
  3. accidently deleted windows 10

accidently deleted windows 10: tried to recover, but did not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-deleted-windows-10/3625d157-0c40-4451-9894-65cf539e1302
  4. Accidently deleted bluetooth drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidently deleted bluetooth drivers: Hi , I accidently deleted bluetooth drivers from device manager. Now I am unable to see bluetooth option. Also , no bluetooth icon in action center and no bluetooth on/off toggle button in bluetooth settings. I tried using windows update , so it will automatically install...
  5. Accidently deleted windows files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidently deleted windows files: Hi, I have accidentally deleted the windows files and not able to access some of the software i.e. adobe premiere pro cc 2019 when I try to open that or any other software it is showing an error that msvcp140.dll not found. I recently bought a system and don't want any...
  6. Creating MSIX package From UWP windows application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating MSIX package From UWP windows application: I found 3 ways to creating MSIX Package from UWP windows application. 1. Using MSIX Pacakaging Tool - But Got Error As MSIX pakage failed to run.But created MSIX file.And Able to installed the pacakage.Not able to Run the application.. 2.Using Advanced Installer...
  7. Deleted Windows on Accident

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows on Accident: I think I majorly messed up and am wondering if all hope is lost. I got a new computer, and had to transfer my Microsoft Key to it to "activate windows." The key I have is only for one device and I had to therefore uninstall it from the old computer. Well, I think I...
  8. Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted: I don't not know how the encryption has happened. I have Windows 10 Home. The following folders have become encrypted C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages D:\WindowsApps D:\WpSystem\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages New apps and files become...
  9. Deleted a packagevolume by accident

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted a packagevolume by accident: So i deleted one of the 2 packagevolume keys. This was the C disc one and since then apps stopped opening. How do i get it back and/or create it? this is a photo of what this folder currently looks like....
  10. Required help regarding UWP packaging

Required help regarding UWP packaging: Hi , I am trying to convert an application which has MSI installer to UWP Packaging. But I’m getting error in Version parameter though I have specified the right version no of the app. Tried out multiple ways to resolve but unable to figure out. Below are the details....