Windows 10: accidently deleted notepad document

Discus and support accidently deleted notepad document in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MeganHenley, Jul 25, 2018.

1. accidently deleted notepad document

I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back?

:)

MeganHenley, Jul 25, 2018

2. Notepad accidently deleted from my app list

I accidently deleted Notepad from my app list (on the far left of the windows 10 start menu) when creating a shortcut onto my start menu. How do I place it back into that app list? When I went into Notepad's file location it does not give an option to place
    it into the App List; it only gave me the option of adding it to my start bar. I did place a shortcut onto my start bar, but I really would like it to also be in the app list. Is it possible to send it back to the App List?

Thank you very much for any advice on this.

GermanShepherd_CDX, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Nick Dich Win User

accidently deleted notepad document

Left Margin in Notepad documents Changed

Hi,

We tried to replicate the issue but we cannot find any settings that would adjust that little space before the first letter on your notepad. Nevertheless, we recommend that you perform the following steps to reset the settings of notepad to its default:

• Make sure that Notepad is closed before you proceed.
    • In Cortana, type Regedit.
    • Select HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
    • Look for SOFTWARE and double-click.
    • Select Microsoft.
    • Look for the folder Notepad and right-click.
    • Select Delete and click Yes.
    • Close the Registry Editor window.

After performing the following steps, you can open again your notepad file and check if you now have that little space before the first letter.

Please let us know if this helped you resolve the issue.

Nick Dich, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

accidently deleted notepad document

1. accidently deleted notepad document - Similar Threads - accidently deleted notepad

2. bring back document on notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bring back document on notepad: my computer died and i wasnt able to save my document can i bring up the document that i wasnt able to save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-document-on-notepad/ad5fded8-087c-42a1-80a4-25da4122847f
  3. Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident: I was downloading Davinci Resolve because my PC reset recently then while trying to download Reactor 3 from We Suck Less, I accidentally opened it with notepad and checked the box that says "always open .lua files with this app" with notepad. I have tried multiple things and...
  4. finding a lost notepad document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    finding a lost notepad document: I created a short document yesterday on Notepad. When I tried to print it, it would not respond and print. Now I cannot find this document anywhere, and I did not delete it. The history of documents shows my search for it, but also says not found; no bytes used. where did...
  5. Deleted Windows on Accident

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows on Accident: I think I majorly messed up and am wondering if all hope is lost. I got a new computer, and had to transfer my Microsoft Key to it to "activate windows." The key I have is only for one device and I had to therefore uninstall it from the old computer. Well, I think I...
  6. Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converted .wad files to notepad by accident: I downloaded a video game from steam and while I was browsing its contents I accidentally chose the option to always open up .wad files with notepad and now the game won't work. I chose to reset all default apps associated with files and then restarted my PC and that did...
  7. Re-naming Notepad Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-naming Notepad Documents: I recently read a 2016 post seeking information on renaming a Windows Notepad text document. The procedure is simple and straight forward. Locate the file in your 'documents' folder (or wherever you've saved it.) Right-click on the document (do not open it) then scroll...
  8. Deleted a packagevolume by accident

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted a packagevolume by accident: So i deleted one of the 2 packagevolume keys. This was the C disc one and since then apps stopped opening. How do i get it back and/or create it? this is a photo of what this folder currently looks like....
  9. notepad document format?

notepad document format?: i get gobble de gook when i try to open a saved document in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/notepad-document-format/56ca0d7b-59d5-44fa-bfbc-b3a68e17b3da
  10. Notepad document

Notepad document: Help Help Help My daughters notepad document has turned into the below. I desperately need to retrieve, any help would be much appreciated! ###################################################################################...