Windows 10: accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures

Discus and support accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i was showing my wife how to delete and un delete(restore) folders on my pc and right click deleted the pictures folder in my user files. then went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aljaxon, Jan 1, 2021.

1. aljaxon Win User

accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures

i was showing my wife how to delete and un delete(restore) folders on my pc and right click deleted the pictures folder in my user files.

then went straight to the recycle bin and right clicked restore and then went to user files and low and behold the pictures folder was back but with one tiny problem.

all my pictures were missing!!!!!!!!

i have deleted and restored hundreds of files and folders etc over the last 20 odd years and this is the first time i have encountered this problem

why has this happened and is there a solution?

i am trying windows file recovery app cmd summat.
    i have tried recuvva and it didnt find anything.
    i have not emptied the recycle bin and 2 small text files already in there are still in there.

:)

aljaxon, Jan 1, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures - Similar Threads - accidently deleted pictures

2. Picture Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folders: I'm having a problem with my picture folders. I used to be able to open a folder or sub folder and the thumbnails of other pictures in that folder would display along the bottom. It no longer does that. So now I'm unable to perform comparison or do collages. Any thoughts as...
  3. Deleted Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Pictures Folder: Hi everyone - this is my first time here so I hope I'm doing this right. I've completely deleted my entire pictures folder because it popped up in my downloads and I thought it was a duplicate. I've tried to restore it but there is no backup of it. I would really appreciate...
  4. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  5. Picture Folder

Picture Folder: When I upload some photos from my phone all I get is that they were uploaded but I can't view them and just says "We can't open this file." How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folder/adf8efee-979e-4790-b789-8133c95068df"
  6. Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures folders: How can I change control of pictures folder from one drive to this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-folders/be7591b8-795e-4a35-9824-59cd3d8198a8
  7. Pictures folder delete

Pictures folder delete: I have 3 sub folders in the 'Pictures' folder which keep reappearing, Camera Roll, Saved Pictures and Other Pictures. I have deleted them countless times but they still make a come back....... Have turned off all sync with google msn............even done a 'pc reset'...
  8. Pictures folder

Pictures folder: Somehow my "Pictures" folder has renamed itself to "Favorites". When I look at properties though it still shows "pictures". I cannot rename it either. Wondering how & why this happened??? I am using Windows 10...
  9. help in restoring accidentally deleted folder in "Pictures" folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    help in restoring accidentally deleted folder in "Pictures" folder?: hi all, i connected my iphone to my laptop to transfer my photos from my phone to my laptop, so that i could delete the photos in phone to reduce storage. but, i ran into a problem when i put all the transferred photos in a folder then i moved the folder to the "pictures"...
  10. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder: Hi all, I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC' I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage. The folder icons are still present, however...