Windows 10: accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it

Discus and support accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally deleted the Startup folder from the user account C:\Users\<user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RazinAhmed1, May 1, 2020.

1. accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it

Hi,

I accidentally deleted the Startup folder from the user account C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup.

Now, when I run shell:startup, it shows an error. I have created a startup folder at that specific location but it still shows error. Is it possible to create a startup folder through regedit app? and how?

:)

RazinAhmed1, May 1, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 1, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 1, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 1, 2020
Thema:

accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it

1. accidently deleted "Startup" folder, how to retrive it - Similar Threads - accidently deleted Startup

2. How to retrive Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrive Bluetooth?: Hi,I own Acer Aspire VX-15 laptop and had a problem with Bluetooth - turn on/off button disappeared so I've tried restarting system but it didn't help.I decided to go to Device Manager and delete Bluetooth to reinstall it. It was a mistake because I should have restart it...
  3. How to retrive Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to retrive Bluetooth?: Hi,I own Acer Aspire VX-15 laptop and had a problem with Bluetooth - turn on/off button disappeared so I've tried restarting system but it didn't help.I decided to go to Device Manager and delete Bluetooth to reinstall it. It was a mistake because I should have restart it...
  4. How to retrive Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures: i was showing my wife how to delete and un delete(restore) folders on my pc and right click deleted the pictures folder in my user files. then went straight to the recycle bin and right clicked restore and then went to user files and low and behold the pictures folder was...
  6. I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident: The folder in question: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\Children Nothing has happened yet but I am sure if I restart my computer the thing will be busted, please help....
  7. I accidently deleted my AppData folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidently deleted my AppData folder...: Yup...The title says it all. I saw it would give some more storage and thought to myself: Windows would not delete any important files would it now? I was wrong. My pathfinder is gone. Some of my homework is gone. A lot of files, apps etc. I am really depressed and i do not...
  8. Accidently deleted SW Setup folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidently deleted SW Setup folder: So a few days ago I downloaded an update for my audio driver only to find out it didn't work. After that it created a SW setup folder that was not there before. It was taking up to much space so I deleted it. Now everyone is saying to me that you won't be able to reset your...
  9. Accidently deleted my start menu folder

in Cortana
    Accidently deleted my start menu folder: Hello, I accidentally deleted the start menu folder located here: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs I just wanted to deleted 2 icons from there. When I went in the folder, only those two icons showed up, so I proceeded to delete the...
  10. Retrive Deleted Office Profile Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrive Deleted Office Profile Files: How do I retrieve deleted profile records? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/retrive-deleted-office-profile-files/36e55dd1-20ad-47f7-9a8c-9eb501547d35